32. The Argument

They made the short drive to Sienna's house in silence.  Seb felt a new sense of hope.  Alyssa was coming home.  Surely that had to mean something. 

Alyssa hoped she wasn't making a mistake.  She needed a sign from Seb that he was serious about wanting to be with her.   Talk was cheap.  His next actions would tell if he'd meant his words. 

They were the last to arrive at Sienna's house. As they entered through the front door they were bombarded by Naomi and Rebekah.  They hadn't attended the funeral as they were too young so had stayed at home with Sienna's friend, Natalia. 

"Daddy! Aunt Alyssa," Rebekah cried, launching herself into her father's arms. 

Naomi wrapped her arms around her aunt's waist and hugged her tightly.  Alyssa hugged her back. 

"Hello my princesses," Seb said, lovingly.

They headed into the lounge where everyone was gathered.  

"Ah there you are.  I thought you two had got lost," Sienna said, jumping up from the sofa and kissing Seb on the cheek.  "What on earth happened to your shirt?"

"Well as you can see, we didn't," Seb said, ignoring the question about his shirt. 

"Well better late than never.  You know Natalia Seb. Natalia, this is my baby sister, Alyssa."

Alyssa smiled brightly.  "Hi."

"You're nothing like Sienna and Joel, are you? Are you sure she wasn't adopted Sienna?"  The brunette laughed at her own joke. 

"Oh, Alyssa took after the Harper side of the family."

Natalia turned her back on Alyssa and continued her conversation with Sienna.  What a rude woman, Alyssa thought.   She walked to the other side of the room and began to pour herself a vodka.  Just as she was about to put it to her lips she felt it plucked out of her hand. 

"No you don't," Seb said. "Not until you've eaten.   You'll make yourself ill."

She picked up a sausage roll off of the catering tray on the table and popped it into her mouth.   She chewed and swallowed. 

"There.  I've eaten, now can I have my drink back?"

"Alyssa," he said, a warning tone in his voice.  "I mean a proper meal.  How long is it since you ate?"

She thought about it. "I had a slice of toast last night."

He shook his head.  "When we leave here I'm going to cook you a proper meal.  Then you can have a drink if you still want one."   He placed the glass down on the other side of the table.  He lowered his hand to her hip.  "Naomi wants to show you her new fairy castle. "

He steered her across the room to where his oldest daughter was waiting.   Alyssa smiled at the girl.  She loved both her nieces but she had developed a strong bond very quickly with the older of the two. 

Seb smiled as he watched his firstborn grab Alyssa's hand and drag her off towards the stairs.  He had no worries about how the girls would react if he and Alyssa embarked on a relationship.  It was their mother.   He knew he had to man up and tell Sienna that there was no chance of them getting back together.  He couldn't do it now though, not so soon after Bob's death.  Maybe after summer break.  He was going on holiday to Greece with them for the first ten days.   After that he decided he would tell her about him and Alyssa.  That's if there was a him and Alyssa.

After his family holiday he wanted to take Alyssa away for a week.  Just the two of them.   The break away would do them good.   He just had to get her to agree to giving them a chance.