30. Forgiveness

Alyssa disconnected the call. The colour had drained from her face. She began shaking, sobs tearing through her body.

Seb was there in a flash, wrapping his arms around her.

"Alyssa, what is it? What's the matter?"

"Grandad," she choked. "He's had a stroke."

"Oh no, baby. I'm sorry. Is he ....?" He didn't have to finish his sentence.

"He's alive,  but it's serious. I have to get to the hospital.  Sienna's already there.  She said her friend Natalia's with the girls."

"I'll drive you. You can't drive in this state."

She nodded tearfully. "I need to get dressed." She started hunting through her drawers trying to find clothes but her brain and body had shut down.

"Baby, sit down. Let me help." Seb guided her over to the bed and began looking through the drawers himself. He pulled out a black bra and panties set, a pair of black skinny jeans and a blue T-shirt. "Here, look I'm just going to go and get changed. I'll be straight back."

He dashed back to his room, changed his underwear and threw on the first clothes he could find. He quickly went back to Alyssa. She was sat in her bra and panties. She looked shell shocked. Seb picked her T-shirt up and helped her put it on.

"Come on let's get to the hospital. He'll probably be sat up in bed by the time you get there and he'll be so pleased to see you." She smiled half heartedly.

They headed downstairs and straight out to the DBX. Soon they were on the main road heading towards the hospital.

Seb felt awkward. He really didn't know what to say. Especially as things between them were still unresolved after the previous night.

"Aly, I'm here for you ok. And I'm sorry. I really am. I was an ass, but we'll talk about that some other time. I just want to be here for you today."

She smiled at him and nodded, appreciating his support.

After a short drive they arrived at the hospital. Seb parked up and they rushed inside, locating the right department.

"Sisi," Alyssa called as she spotted her sister sat on a blue plastic chair in the waiting room. Sienna jumped up and threw her arms around her little sister.

"Alyssa, thank God. I just managed to get hold of Joel. He's on his way."

"How is he?"

"No news since I last spoke to you."

"So what happened?" Seb asked.

It was then that Sienna noticed his presence. "I had a call about 6.30 from Debbie, his carer. He'd managed to call her out. She found him on the kitchen floor. He'd updated his next of kin, he'd put my name. I guess after the fall out with Joel...."

Sienna broke down in tears and threw herself into Seb's arms. He held her tight. "It's ok Sienna. You're not alone. I'm here. Alyssa is here. Joel's coming."

Alyssa froze as she watched Seb holding Sienna. She knew she was being selfish, Sienna needed comfort, but she felt jealous. Seb's arms had been around her earlier, now she had to stand and watch as he held his ex wife. The woman he'd once loved. Did he still love her? She turned her head, unwilling to look at them any longer.

Sienna clung to Seb. She didn't want to let go. His arms felt so good around her. He was here for her. Surely that meant something? 

Seb didn't know what to do. Sienna needed him, but Alyssa needed him too. He felt torn in two. He looked up at Alyssa but she was looking the other way. He could tell by the shaking of her shoulders that she was crying. He wanted to hold her but he couldn't abandon Sienna.

All of Me (Sebastian Vettel)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें