22. The Lunch Date

Seb had kept himself to himself in Monaco. He hadn't been in the mood for anything other than doing the job he was there to do.

Tanya had tried to talk to him, obviously regretting walking out on him but he'd just brushed her off saying he was too busy to talk. He was done with her.

The reality was he was missing Alyssa. He'd texted her every day. She'd answered but it was all strictly platonic now. Their flirty tone had gone. Lance had annoyed him by continuously asking him about Alyssa. Everyone seemed to be pissing him off.

So outside track hours he stayed in his room, ordering from room service when he was hungry.

His mind may have been stuck on Alyssa but it didn't affect him on track. He qualified on Pole and won the race by 12 seconds.

He attended the compulsory interviews and the debrief before leaving for his hotel. As winner he'd been invited to dine with the Monegasque Royal family but it was the last thing he felt like doing. He wanted to go home. He wanted to hold Alyssa in his arms and know that everything was ok between them again.

Britta had managed to persuade him to go though. She'd told him how the press would speculate about why he wasn't there and he didn't want to offend Prince Albert.  He'd agreed as long as she went with him. 

He'd gritted his teeth and got through it before heading back to the hotel to get a couple of hours sleep before checking out early to drive to Nice to catch the 7 am flight.

He spent the flight thinking about what he was going to say to Alyssa.  He wanted to tell her how much he desired her.  How beautiful she was to him.  He knew he'd fucked up big time by taking Tanya to his bed. 

Yes, he'd already been friends with benefits with Tanya when he and Alyssa had met again.  And also nothing had happened between Alyssa and himself.  But it had been a dick move.  He just hoped things hadn't gone too far to save whatever it was between them. 

"Everything ok?" Antti asked him as they made their way to the long stay car park.

"Yeah, I'm just worried about Alyssa. About what's going to happen.  She said we'll talk once I'm back."

"Take my advice.  Kiss the girl! Actions speak louder than words."

Seb rolled his eyes.  They reached the car and loaded their cases up and were soon on the road. 

It was rush hour so it took longer than it usually did to reach Seb's house. 

Finally they arrived.  He noticed the Porsche was parked outside the house.  She was there.

"Good luck boss.  And remember what I said."

Seb grabbed his case out of the boot and headed inside. 

He closed the front door behind him and listened for any sound that would let him know where she was.   All he heard was silence. 

"Aly!" he called out.  "I'm home."

"Games room!" he heard her shout.  He headed there and found her curled up on the sofa. Harry Potter was on the television but it was paused. 

She was still in her pyjamas.  She smiled at him, just a small smile but it was still a smile. 

"Hey," he said.  "Harry Potter.  Which one's this?"

"The Half Blood Prince.  Got halfway into it, then got distracted texting Cherry."

"How is she?"

"She's good.  She thinks she might have found a housemate already.  She's just waiting for their references."