63. Slipping Through His Fingers Part 1

Seb's head was banging when he woke the following morning, the empty vodka bottle stood on table reminding him of the events of the previous evening and of the reason he currently had the headache from hell. He glanced at the clock on the wall. It was a little past ten am. He stood up, still wobbly on his feet.

He went through to the kitchen and took a glass out of the cupboard. He filled it with water and got a couple of paracetamol out of the cupboard. He'd just swallowed them down when he heard his phone ringing. He headed back to the games room, picking it up.

"Hello?" he said.

"Where are you?" came the very pissed off sounding voice of his ex wife.

"At home. Where else would I be?"

"Oh I don't know. Maybe picking me and the girls up for our family day out for Rebekah's birthday?"

"Oh shit. I am so sorry. I forgot."

"You forgot? How can you just forget? Too busy reuniting with Alyssa? Look, just get here ASAP. I don't want to have to tell her that her Dad forgot her!"

"I can't drive Sienna. I had a skinful last night and I'm still half drunk.  Can you pick me up?"

"You forgot your daughters' day out because you were too busy getting shit faced? You know what? Maybe I should just take the girls on my own.   You make out you want to be a hands on Dad but you really need to get your priorities sorted."

"It's not how it sounds. Please Sienna, I'm sorry ok.  I just...". He had to stop talking or he was going to break down. 

"Seb, is everything ok?" Sienna asked.  She sounded concerned. She must have heard something in his voice.

"Not really Sienna, no."

"Look, get ready. We'll pick you up in half an hour," she said, her voice softening.

After disconnecting the call Seb went upstairs. He hadn't expected to find Alyssa in their room but he was still disappointed when he found their bed unslept in.

He had a quick shower before dressing a pair of jeans and a hoodie. It was getting colder now November had arrived.

He headed down to the kitchen, surprised to see Alyssa sat at the table.

"Hey," he said.

"Hey."

"Are you ok?"

"Not really. We need to talk."

"I know. I'm off out in a few minutes. Rebekah's day out."

"Oh, of course." Ally felt sick. Once again she was being reminded that he had kids with someone else. That he may never want kids with her. "Look before you go I have to ask you something."

"Sure. Fire away."

"Do you see kids in our future? Please be honest with me."

Seb looked at her intently. He could see her eyes were full of unshed tears. He bit down on his bottom lip.

He slowly shook his head. "I'm sorry. I just...I don't want anymore Aly. It wouldn't be fair on the girls. I don't want children by different women. I'm so sorry. I should have made it clear from the start."

Alyssa choked back a sob. It was as she had feared. She was going to have to make a choice. Kids or the man she loved. She stood and grabbed the Porsche keys off of the table.

"Aly, please!" She headed out of the door.

Jumping behind the wheel she started the car and wheel spun down the drive. The gates opened as the motion sensor detected her approaching. She turned onto the main road, passing Sienna who was just arriving.