45. A Desire For Vengeance

Seb's anger only grew on his flight from Mykonos to London Heathrow. How dare that bastard harm a hair on Alyssa's head? He'd better hope the police caught up with him before he did.  

He'd tried to catch a few hours sleep but he was far too wound up.  Besides his anger feelings of guilt were beginning to work their way into his mind.  And to his disgust, feelings of anger towards Alyssa. 

He knew she'd been through an ordeal but he was fuming with her.  What had she been thinking?  Why had she gone back to Bournemouth and put herself in this situation?  If she'd wanted to see Cherry that bad she could have asked her to come and stay any time she liked.  Or waited until he was around and he'd have gone with her. 

Sure, she'd taken Joel and Shannon but something had obviously gone wrong.  She was lucky Joel had arrived before Dean had hurt her even more than he had. 

He didn't know whether to hug her or give her the biggest telling off ever.  He guessed he'd find out when he got there. 

He switched his mind to the one who had caused this.  Dean.  He began to think of what he'd like to do to the scumbag. 

The sun had already risen by the time he landed.  He headed straight to the long stay car park to pick up his DBX.  He pulled out and headed for a nearby supermarket.   He quickly dashed around, grabbing a pack of sandwiches, an energy drink and a bar of chocolate to keep him going.  Then he located the entertainment department and grabbed hold of a cheap mobile phone and a car charger for it.  He also bought a top up voucher so he could call Joel. 

He made his way back to the car and climbed in.  He took the phone out of the box, put the SIM card in and turned it on.   He entered the number written on the back of his hand.   He looked at the time.  7.30.  He shrugged and hit dial.

Joel must have been awake as he answered on the first ring.

"Hello?"

"Joel. It's me.   I'm on my way.  How is she?"

"She was ok when I left her.  They moved her to a ward for observation so we had to leave.  I'll be going back around 10.  By ok, I mean she wasn't in any pain.  They'd dosed her up.  She was pretty much out of it."

"Does she know I'm coming?"

"No.  She was already sleeping when I got back in from calling you. Then when she woke they whisked her off to the ward.  It will be a nice surprise."

"There's something I want to ask you you do for me."

"Name it."   Seb explained what he wanted.  Joel fell silent. 

"You don't have to. I understand if you don't want to get involved."

"I'll do it with fucking pleasure," Joel replied.

After telling Joel he would meet him outside the hospital at ten o'clock he hung up.  Then he rooted through the glove compartment looking for something.  He found what he was looking for and pulled it out.   A business card with his lawyer's number on. 

He dialled the number. 

"Alex, it's me, Sebastian.  Sorry to call so early.  I've had an accident with my phone, so you can contact me on this number for the next few days.  I have a job for you.  I need you to contact a private detective agency.  I'm willing to pay a lot of money.  I need information. I want someone finding.  ASAP. I want an address.  Today if possible.  The subject's name? Dean Talbot."

                                      ***

Alyssa groaned as she raised her hand to her face.  Her cheek was hurting. Her jaw was hurting, as was her head and her ankle.  And to make matters worse she had the hangover from hell.   She had been puking on and off for the last couple of hours.   Even the smell of her neighbour eating toast was making her feel sick.