60. The Costume Party

Seb took one look at the costume that Joel had just taken out of the wardrobe for him and his heart sank.

"There is no way on God's earth that I am wearing that!"

"Come on Seb, don't be a killjoy! You said you trusted me to sort your costume!"

"I must have been mad."

"Alyssa will love it!  She'll be dragging you off to bed halfway through the evening!  You have to go!  You won the race!   And it's Lance's birthday party, so you can't get out of it!"

"It's not even his birthday til next weekend! Why is he having a party now?" Seb sulked. 

"He has friends that live in Austin."

"I could throw a sickie."

"You could, but you won't," Joel smirked. 

"Why won't I?"

"Because if you do you won't get to see what Alyssa's wearing.  I know.   Shannon told me."

"What's she wearing? Tell me!"

"Nope.  You want to know, you have to go."

"Fine," Seb said, snatching the costume from Joel's hand and heading into the bathroom.

He had no choice. He had to go. He was dying to see Alyssa. She'd finished her shift early to go back to the hotel to get ready. She'd given him a kiss to celebrate his win and then she'd been gone.

He was hoping her pesky period had gone, he wanted to lose himself in her tonight. She'd had it for over a week now. The sooner she got off that damn injection the better.

He finally finished changing into his costume. He glared at his reflection. "How fucking ridiculous," he moaned.

"Stop complaining!" he heard Joel call out from the bedroom. He sighed. At least everyone would be drunk, they wouldn't remember this. He hoped not anyway.

***

"Oh my fucking god, Seb is going to be frothing at the mouth," Shannon exclaimed to Alyssa a few floors above in Alyssa and Seb's room.

"As Joel will be over you!" Shannon gave a twirl. She was dressed as Marilyn Monroe in The Seven Year Itch.

"You don't think it's too revealing?"

"No way, fucking Tanya is going as fucking Princess Leia, you know....the metal bikini version!"

"What are Joel and Seb going as?"

"Joel is a Ghostbuster. He won't say what Seb is. Told me to tell you you'll have to wait and see."

Alyssa looked at herself in the mirror. She knew Seb would go wild for her. He always did, she thought smugly.

"Here, put your hat on. Rearrange your boobs, come on, undo the buttons. You've got them baby, flaunt them." Alyssa undid a few buttons. Shannon appeared next to her and undid the rest.

"Shannon, I can't! What if it comes untied?"

"Alyssa you're wearing a bra! Stop worrying. Do you want to drive your man potty or what?" Alyssa chewed on her bottom lip.

"Fuck it," she said. "Let's do this."

***

Seb felt better as he looked around the crowded club that Lance had hired out. There were plenty more that looked a lot worse than him! And most people were too drunk to pay much attention to him.