19. The Porsche

Alyssa had managed to get through the next day without seeing Seb at all.  He'd had to go to the Aston Martin factory at Silverstone for a session in the simulator.  Whilst up there he was also filming a short feature for Sky Sports F1. 

He'd already left when Alyssa had gone downstairs at 9am.  He'd left her a note on the fridge telling her he'd be late back and to help herself to whatever she wanted to eat or drink. 

She'd been relieved.  She really didn't want to see him yet after what had been said last night. She felt foolish for even thinking he wanted her.

Still, she had to get over that. They were going to be living together. And she did value his friendship. She wanted nothing more than to carry on as before, before she'd crossed a line and asked
him to kiss her.

She spent the morning writing and the afternoon reading. At dinner time she rustled up a ham
and mushroom omelette.  She washed up and put everything away before heading to her room.   Seb had come in about 8pm. She heard his footsteps coming up the stairs and along the passageway. They stopped briefly outside her room. Then they'd carried on to his room.

***

Seb stopped outside Alyssa's door. He could hear her music playing quietly from inside the room. He raised his hand to knock on the door. Then he changed his mind and headed to his room.

He hadn't been able to stop thinking of her all day. He didn't know why she thought he was faking his attraction to her. But he knew he had to respect what she wanted. If she'd been any other girl he'd have just kissed her and to hell with it. He couldn't do that with her, he didn't want to lose her trust. He knew she didn't give it easily. Then again, if she'd been any other girl he wouldn't have wanted to kiss her so much.

He had a quick shower, pulled on a pair of joggers and climbed into bed. He switched the television on and browsed on Netflix. He found a series his number one mechanic, Mikey, had recommended to him, Sex Education. He turned it on but he wasn't really watching it. He was thinking about Alyssa. Her beautiful smile, her long eyelashes, her perfect breasts.

He cursed as he felt his cock getting hard. He had two choices. First was to ignore it until it went down. The second was to visit the bathroom and engage in some self-help. He decided to wait. Five minutes later he cursed again and headed to the bathroom.

***

Alyssa went down for breakfast around 9.30 the following morning and found Seb sat at the kitchen table eating a bowl of porridge. He was dressed in a pair of black shorts and a plain white T-shirt. His skin was shiny with sweat and he had a towel draped around his neck. He looked so bloody gorgeous.

He smiled at her. "Morning Aly, how are you?"

"I'm good thanks, that bed is so comfortable. You been working out?"

"Yeah, had a session with Antti this morning, and a run."

"Oh is Antti here?"

"He was. He left. He'll be back this afternoon for a recovery session."

"You must have been up early."

"An early bird, that's me."

"Or maybe I'm just lazy. I'm just used to getting up later, having worked late shifts for years."

"There's hot water if you want tea, I only just boiled the kettle."

Alyssa smiled and reached up to take a mug out of the cupboard. Things seemed to be back to normal. Hopefully the flirting would stop now she'd made it clear she wasn't interested.