39. Sneaking Around: France(2)

Seb stood there waiting.  He waited and waited but she didn't come out.  He was on the verge of going in after her when he heard someone speak to him. 

"I wonder who you're waiting for Mr Vettel."

"Shannon,  thank God.  Alyssa is in there, she's upset.  Please can you see if she's ok," he pleaded. 

The smile disappeared off of Shannon's face and she glared at him. 

"What have you done to her?  If you've hurt her I'll kill you myself.  Oh don't look at me like that.  I know about you two.  She told me everything, then you sat there letting Tanya put her hands on you!"

"We sorted that out.   It's Joel.  He caught us kissing.  He's not happy.   He said some horrible stuff."

"Fuck.  I can imagine.  Your face!   Did he do that?"

Seb nodded.  "I deserved it.  I said something I shouldn't have."

"Just go back to the beach, find Antti.  I think it's best if you go.  Give Joel some space.  Don't worry.  I'll look after her.   She probably needs a girl talk."

"I don't want to just leave her."

"Seb, the last thing you or Alyssa need is another confrontation with Joel.  I'll talk to her and then you two can speak back at the hotel."

He fell silent.  He really didn't want to leave Alyssa  whilst she was upset but he had to concede that Shannon had a point. 

"Ok," he said, albeit reluctantly.  "You promise you'll look after her?"

"Of course I will."

Shannon waited until Seb had disappeared around the corner of the toilet block, then she went in.

"Alyssa, it's me. Are you ok?"

She heard a soft sobbing coming from the cubicle on the end. She stood right by the door.

"Come on sweetheart. Talk to me. You know you can tell me anything."

"Joel hates me Shannon. He thinks I have no morals. He thinks Seb is taking advantage of me. What if he is? Is he just using me for sex?"

"No, no, no Alyssa Harper. Do not talk like that. First of all, open this door. I want to talk to you not to a bloody door."

She heard the bolt being undone. The door inched open and she saw Alyssa's bloodshot eyes looking back at her. "Right, I'm going to go and get our stuff. We'll get changed and we'll go back to the hotel. We can talk better there with no one overhearing us."

"Seb?"

"He was outside when I got here. He told me some of what happened. I sent him back to Antti. Told him he should go, give Joel some space. I said I'd look after you. I told him you'll see him back at the hotel.  He didn't want to go but I persuaded him."

"Was he ok? Joel punched him."

"He was fine. He had a corker of a bruise appearing but he was just worried about you. Look, I won't be long. Wait here."

Alyssa locked the cubicle door again after Shannon had left. She sat down on top of the closed toilet. She began to cry again. She'd lost Joel again hadn't she? Was her relationship with Seb really that wrong and immoral? He and Sienna had been divorced for four years! It wasn't as if she'd stolen him from her.

And what if what Joel said was true? Did Seb ask her to live with him because he wanted to have sex with her?

So many questions were running through her head. She had no answers. She was still trying to think of answers when Shannon returned.