61. Hospital Dash

A/N: possible trigger ⚠️  Apologies for a sad chapter on Christmas Eve.  It wasn't originally meant to be like this but with Covid delaying my schedule it's turned out like this.

Shannon cried quietly on Joel's shoulder as they watched Alyssa being loaded into the ambulance. 

"Please let us know as soon as you know anything!"
Joel called out to Seb as he followed her into the ambulance.  

Alyssa groaned as another pain shot through her.  The paramedic gave her a small smile.  "I'm just going to give you a shot, it should take the edge off of the pain.   Are you allergic to anything?"

"No," she said quietly.    Seb sat down out of the way, longing to comfort her but knowing the paramedic needed room to help her.  

"It's ok Aly, I'm just over here," he called out. Alyssa closed her eyes. "Seb," she groaned.

Seb felt useless. The woman he loved was in pain and there was nothing he could do to take it away from her. He felt sick with worry. She was going to be ok, wasn't she? He remembered back to once when Sienna had bled heavily with a lot of pain. It had been a ruptured ovarian cyst. That's probably what it was.

The ambulance moved off. "It's ok," the paramedic, whose name tag said Ebony, told him. "It's not far to the hospital. She's in good hands. She'll be ok."

Within ten minutes the paramedics were wheeling Alyssa into the hospital, Seb following behind. He saw a few people staring at him. Did they recognise him? Or was it because of the stupid costume he was wearing?

The paramedics wheeled her into an empty bay and drew the curtain around her. Seb sat down next to her and took her hand. She opened her eyes and smiled weakly at him.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

"Whatever they gave me helped with the pain, but I feel so sleepy."

"Just rest. I'm not going anywhere." Her eyes closed again. The paramedics were the other side of the curtain, transferring her care over to the hospital. He heard occasional words but nothing significant.

He thought to himself that it was amazing how quickly he'd sobered up when he'd seen the blood on Alyssa's shorts.

Tanya had been great to be honest. She'd called the ambulance then waited outside to bring the crew straight to Alyssa. Seb had just held her as she'd sobbed in pain.

He sat watching her now. She looked pale. He began tracing a circular pattern on the palm of her hand with his thumb. "It's ok Aly. I love you."

She didn't respond, Seb guessed she had fallen asleep, which was a blessing. If she was sleeping she wasn't in pain.

The curtain opened slightly and a young looking doctor poked his head around. "Alyssa Harper?"

"Yes, well obviously she is, not me." The doctor came fully into the bay, drawing the curtain behind him.

"Hello, I'm Doctor Silas Webber. And you are?"

"I'm her boyfriend, Sebastian."

"I'm going to need to examine her, I'm just waiting for a nurse. Would you like to wake her for me?"

"Aly, sweetheart, the doctor's here." She mumbled something he didn't hear properly. Then her eyes fluttered open.

"Hello Alyssa, I'm Doctor Silas Webber." The curtain opened again briefly, a nurse joining them. "This is Nurse Chloe Drummond. Can you tell me when the pain started?"