24. No Time To Talk

Alyssa had excused herself after dinner, heading to her room and leaving Seb and Antti alone. She needed some time to herself to think. What had happened between her and Seb in the kitchen earlier had been mind blowing.

She'd never ever felt the things Seb had made her feel, and it was terrifying. She still didn't regret it as such but as the evening had wore on some doubts had started to creep in.

After her initial thought that she could be falling for Seb she'd given herself a stern talking to. She did not love him. All it was was sexual attraction. It was perfectly natural to be sexually attracted to someone without loving them. And Seb was a very sexy man.

She lay on her bed in the dark staring up at the shadows on the ceiling. Her insecurities began bombarding her with questions. Why would Seb be interested in her? Was he just after someone to warm his bed when he was home? If he was interested what about Sienna? So many questions. No answers.

She heard Antti leave about ten o'clock. She knew Seb would want to talk but she didn't feel ready. She had to figure out what she wanted before talking about things. As she heard him ascending the stairs she turned her back to her door and shut her eyes.

A few seconds later she heard a tap on her door. Then the door opened.

"Aly?" she heard him say. She stayed silent. Then a few seconds after that she heard her door shut and his footsteps heading down the hallway to his own room.

She sighed. She knew she couldn't avoid him forever , but tonight, tonight she needed a time out.

***

Seb breathed a sigh of relief as the front door shut behind Antti. He'd though Antti was never going to go. He'd spent all night desperate to hold Alyssa, to talk and decide where they were going from here. She'd made her excuses after dinner and headed to her room. He got the feeling she was regretting what had happened between them. She hadn't looked him the eye at all since they'd come downstairs earlier.

He locked up, turned everything off, and headed up the stairs. He tapped on Alyssa's door and opened it without waiting for an answer. The room was in darkness. He could just about make out the shapeof her laying in the bed.

"Aly?" he said softly. There was no answer. She was asleep. Or pretending to be. He closed the door behind him as he headed to his room. Things would have to wait but not for too long. Now he'd had a taste of her he wanted more.

***

The next morning Seb got around 8.30.   He was starving and Antti was coming around at nine for a gym session.  He made a bowl of porridge, cut up some strawberries and made a cup of tea. 

He was hoping Alyssa would come down before Antti got there.  He really wanted to see her, and maybe steal a kiss or two. 

However, the minutes ticked by and she didn't appear.  Was she avoiding him? Or was he just reading too much into it?

Antti arrived at nine on the dot.  He made himself a coffee before joining Seb at the table. 

"Alyssa still in bed?" he asked. Seb shrugged and popped a piece of strawberry into his mouth.

"Must be. Not seen her."

"Her bed or yours?" Antti asked cheekily. 

"Hers of course." Seb snapped.

"So nothing's going on between you two then?"

"What makes you think there's something?"

"Oh I don't know.  Maybe Alyssa's blouse being done up wrong. Or maybe it was the hickey on her neck.  Or the way you couldn't take your eyes off of her."