14. Cry For Help

Alyssa dragged herself out of bed, still half asleep.  She'd worked the late shift last night and hadn't got home until nearly one am.  She yawned as she plodded into the kitchen and switched the kettle on. 

Cherry was sat at the table eating a slice of toast.

"Good morning," she said.

"Morning," Alyssa groaned.

"You look like a Walking Dead extra."

"Thanks."  Cherry laughed loudly. 

"You always look beautiful cherie! And that racing driver of yours thinks so too, or why would he keep texting you all the time like he does?"  

Alyssa and Seb's lighthearted banter had resumed after the flirty texts they'd exchanged when he'd been in Imola. 

"He's not my racing driver" Alyssa said, blushing. "We are just friends. Oh that reminds me.  I need to check how he did in Miami. It was so late when I got in and I was so tired."

She padded back to the bedroom and got her phone before rejoining Cherry in the kitchen.  She tapped on the F1 app icon. 

"Oh my fucking God.  He won!!"  She jumped up off of her chair, bouncing up and down.   She felt so proud of him.  He'd had such a tough time the last two or three seasons.  He told her some of it when they'd had lunch in the cafe.  The rest she'd found out from googling him. She quickly logged on to Twitter to see any posts about it. 

Aston Martin had posted photos of him on the podium.  He was holding the trophy aloft in one hand and his infamous finger was raised on his other hand.  He'd had a shave, he only had a little stubble now. 

His eyes were glistening with unshed tears.  She felt herself tearing up.  She saw a link for a YouTube video.  She clicked on it and saw an onboard of him as he passed the finish line.  He'd got emotional on team radio.  Her tears spilled out.  She was so proud of him. 

She looked at the time.  It would be 5 am in Miami.  She didn't want to wake him but she wanted to congratulate him.   She decided she couldn't wait. 

Alyssa: OMG!! I just found out.  I was working last night and they never had race on as they had some crappy football on.  I was so tired when I finished so I didn't find out til now.   Congrats!!! I am so happy for you.  You deserve it.   😘 😘

She picked her cup of tea up and headed back to bed. She was going to get an extra hours sleep before having to get ready to start work at 3 pm.

                                    ***

Seb was just coming back from the toilet when he saw his phone light up.  He slipped back into bed next to Tanya and picked his phone up.  He smiled when he saw it was from Alyssa.

He read her message and smiled even more.  Feeling brave, probably due to the fact that he was still slightly drunk from the night before, he tapped out his reply. 

Seb: Thanks beautiful.  Wish you were here to help me celebrate 😉  Maybe when I get back we can meet up and have our own private celebration. 😉

He sent it.   He shut his eyes even though he knew he'd have to get up in just over an hour to get ready to leave for the airport. His flight was leaving at nine.      He knew he'd probably sleep most of the way.  The celebrations had gone on until gone 1 am and then he'd had a pretty energetic fuck with Tanya. 

He wondered what Alyssa was doing now.  It would be gone 10am there.  He was tired of trying to do the right thing.  He couldn't get her out of his head.  Even when he was sleeping she was in his dreams.  She just wouldn't leave him alone.