25) A Little Letter

Lights seep into my eyes, making me groan and turn away.

"Wake up sleepy ass" Belle sings happily. I look over at her as she dances to the other side of my bed before jumping on me. If it wasn't for her profanity she would definitely seem like a princess.

"Get off of me fatty" I laugh, pushing her away. She fakes a hurt expression before sitting up and pulling her hair up into a ponytail. "What happened to you last night? I didn't see you after the play" she asks me.

I bite my lip thinking about the tower Luke and I danced on. It was like a corny romance movie. Then I remember the yelling we did and I remember my life would never be a fairytale.

"I didn't feel good so I went home" I lied. I can tell she doesn't believe me but she doesn't get a chance to argue because at that moment Nicole strolls into the room.

"Oh, hey Claire" she says a little tightly and I realize that the last time she saw me I was running off with her planned sleeping partner. I groan. "Nicole about last night-"

"It's fine Belle already told me" Nicole interupts with a smile that looks too big to be real. "You had food poisoning and Luke offered to take you back to the hotel. No biggy".

I glance quickly at Belle before looking back at Nicole. "Right".

"Anyway" Nicole continues. "I just found out they are having a music festival this night and we are all going to it" she squeals.

Belle shrugs "I'm down for that" she says staring oddly at Nicole for a second. "Yeah, sure" I say. She squeals again and claps. "Great! I'll go tell the boys!".

"I'll go with you" Belle states and stands up and soon the door closes behind them and I am alone again.

Belle's P.O.V

"Tonight is going to be so fun" Nicole squeals as we walk down the hall. I roll my eyes. "You can drop the act whenever you feel like it" I get right down to the point of why I came out here with her.

Nicole turns around with scrunched eyebrows. "What are you talking about?" she asks in the sweet voice that makes me grit my teeth.

"My friend Claire likes to try and see the goodness in people" I start, walking towards her, arms crossed. "Me? I like to see the truth".

"What is that supposed to mean?" Nicole asks, arching an eyebrow. I stare back at her. "It means I'm onto your little act. People don't go from spilling milk on people for talking to a guy they like to just simply brushing it off when the same person runs away from them with the same guy" I state.

She smirks slightly. "What can I say? I'm a changed person".

"Bullshit" I exclaim. "And if you even think of hurting Claire I will end you" I growl fiercely at her.

Nicole puts a hand on her heart with a shocked expression. "Why would I ever think of hurting my new best friend?"

"Wrong. She is not your best friend, she is mine. You're just the little bitch trying to ruin her life" I correct her.

She smirks. "Defensive aren't you".

I scowl at her "lets just say I protect the people I care about" and with that I turn on my heel and walk back to our hotel room, leaving Nicole standing in the hallway.

Claire's P.O.V

"Are we there yet?" Danny asks from behind me, causing me to grin as Zack says yet again "We have walked 5 steps from the last time you asked. Do you really think we are there?".

"5 steps? More like a thousand" he grumbles making Zack roll his eyes in irritation. To me, even when he is annoyed, he always has the cutest expressions on his face.