11) The Homecoming Dance Part 1

As 2 whole months have past the days start to get colder and the homework starts to get harder. We are now in the middle of November and all Luke and I had done in our plan was get a few jealous glances from Nicole and many confused looks from Zack but once they see each other they would immediately lock lips. It was pretty disgusting for everyone around us but for me it hurt a lot more than it did for anyone else.

Zack and I were now frequently texting and Luke and Nicole were frequently flirting but other than that, we weren't doing too great and I don't think that I can stand being around Luke for a lot longer. Before I thought all Luke wanted to do was sleep with Nicole but apparently he likes her a little more than you would like a bed buddy.

Whenever we are alone he would just list off ridiculous reasons on why he is a better match for Nicole than Zack and (much to my annoyance) would frequently compare me to Nicole. The favoritism was never in my favor.

At least I had Belle and Danny to get me through the 2 months. Whenever we had free time we would be with each other cracking jokes and enjoying each other. Seeing them always put a little spring in my step. Also, Brandon and I were getting closer. He was now my permanent chemistry partner while Luke worked on the other side of me with Mike.

Another good thing that happend recently was our last football game. We were officially named undefeated in our school system and got second place in state division. It was a huge celebration for our school because usually the undefeated title went to Western a but this year was our year. Luke and Zack pretty much got the same playing time all through the season, much to Luke's disdain.

I am now standing at my locker on a sunny Friday morning reaching for my books while I wait for Luke to bombard me and start annoying me like usual. That was his favorite activity, annoying me.

As I put some books in my locker I felt some hands close on my face. This was unusual. Luke has never done this before.

"Guess who?" he asks in a husky voice.

"Get you're hands off my face" I say annoyed, my hands being full with books.

I feel him lean closer to my ear and whisper softly "Zack and Nicole are walking towards us, just go with it" at that I quickly get into my part and force out a giggle "who is it?" I ask flirtingly.

"Your Prince Charming" Luke says loud enough that I know that Zack and Nicole are close. "Channing Tatum?" I ask and take his hands off my face. I turn around and force a look of surprise on my face when I see Luke.

"No, someone much better" Luke states and I stop myself from rolling my eyes. Zack and Nicole are now at my locker and have stopped in front of us, their hands interlocked making my throat lump up a little bit.

"So are you guys ready for homecoming?" Luke asks as he puts an arm around me and I watch as Zack's attention turns to his arm as he answers "yeah, I'm excited".

Nicole grabs his arm "ooh what color bow tie are you wearing? We need to color coordinate" she says in what I think is a whiny voice.

"Well, all I know is my girl is going to be the most gorgeous one at the ball tonight" Luke states and takes my hand so I spin around once and then brings me close to his chest and wraps his arms around me.

Surprisingly I don't have to fake the giggle that comes out of me and as I look up at Luke I can hear Nicole scoff and mutter "please" under her voice.

At that moment the bell rings and we all say goodbye to each other. As I walk down the hall I notice a few of Belle's homecoming queen campaign signs still up that Danny made. Across it it said "Lets vote for the Beauty Belle! Not the Narcisstic Nicole!" and on it had a beautiful picture of Belle.