42) Somewhere Only We Know

Luke's P.O.V

I can practically hear the gasps coming from inside the banquet hall. Whispers starting to form about the daughter of such a powerful man kissing a boy no better than a street rat in their books.

But those thoughts quickly fall from my mind until the only thing I'm thinking about are Claire's lips on mine. I kiss back harder and she lets out a moan, running her hands through my hair.

I can't stop myself. I'm not even sure I would be able to stop right now if I had to. The warmth of her skin on mine, her hands in my hair, the slight breaths she takes between deep kisses, it is driving me crazy.

I take steps forward, making her step back until I hear her back bump slightly with the tree I knew was going to be there. I kiss her deeper, trying to take in every single aspect of her by just her lips.

I love her. God I love her. I don't care if she can't say it back, if it's not as real for her as it is for me. I don't care. All I can think about right now is how I'm possibly going to stop when I eventually and inevitably have to.

Claire surprises me by hooking a leg around my waist, pushing me closer to her body. I let out a low moan as pressure increases on my lower unmentionable.

She lets out a soft laugh. "Carry me to your car" she says, followed by a kiss. Her lips are forming a smile. "Now before my father kills us both".

I suddenly remember where we are. I turn towards the door to see many gaping faces at the window, along with the wide mouthed douche bag and a very red faced Mr. Adams.

Claire lets out a giggle. "Now!" she squeals as her father takes a step towards us. I don't think twice before scooping Claire into my arms and running as fast as I can towards the open gates.

"Go go go!" Claire shouts into my ear, thumping my shoulder as if that will make me go faster. I quickly reach my car and open the passenger side for her. As soon as I make it to my car door I hear a shout.

"EVANS!" Claire's father shouts, running towards us. I turn the key and peel out of the parking lot, narrowly missing him on the way out.

Claire can't stop laughing. "Oh my god" she states before bursting into laughter again. The sound of her laughing brings a smile onto my face as I keep my eyes on the road.

"Are we going to your house now?" she asks.

"You do realize you live almost directly across the street from me?" I point out. "No, we're going somewhere else".

She rests her head on the back of her seat and mumbles something. It is either "Anywhere away from him" or "Anywhere with you". I can't tell, but I hope it is the latter one.

I keep my eyes on the road as Claire slightly hums next to me. That's another thing I've learned about Claire. She despises silent moments in a conversation. To fill the silence she will either hum or ramble on about an idea or something random that she is thinking of. Her mind is like a typewriter that never stops writing down new ideas.

I pull the car into the driveway of an old house I am familiar with. The house is wooden and had been abandoned for a good 40 years. It looks like one of those haunted houses in those old horror movies.

Even though it looks scary from the outside I have never been scared of it. I look over at Claire to see her staring at the house like I did all those years ago, with a mix of curiosity and awe.

"Come on" I say, grabbing her hand and leading her towards the house, trying to ignore the buzz of electricity that passed through our connected hands.