36) The Fountain Spot

I wake up the next day exhausted. I want to stay curled up in my bed all day and forget about last night but I can't. Today is the first day of my senior year so I have to suck it up and get out of the bed.

It also helps that my phone is continuously buzzing beside me. Slowly I pick it up and answer it, not bothering to check the caller ID.

"Hello?" I respond in a groggy voice.

"Good morning sunshine" the voices of Danny and Belle ring loudly through my phone. I groan. "What do you two want?".

"You can't hide in your room forever Claire" Danny answers. "Get your ass ready because we are picking you up. We're also bringing coffee".

"Fine" I sigh, knowing they won't give up. My best friends were relentless. I slowly got up and headed towards my closet.

30 minutes later I was dressed in a sleeveless purple shirt, my favorite jeans and my favorite gray converse. I had braided my hair into a fishtail and added a little mascara to my eyes. I looked presentable.

I hear the honk of a horn outside and hurry down the stairs. I walk outside to find my 2 best friends with their heads hanging out the window.

"Yay! She's alive!" Belle exclaims. I stick my tongue out at her as I take shotgun. Danny leans in from the backseat and starts talking as soon as I shut my door.

"Okay so here is the game plan" he states.

"That's a little vast. Do you mind being more specific please?" I ask him, taking a sip of my iced coffee. I was slowly becoming less tired.

Danny groans. "Don't you remember?" he asks. I stare blankly at him.

"Just get to the damn point Danny" Belle snaps, eyes still on the road. Danny rolls his eyes but continues. "Our plan to take over the fountain spot" he explains.

"Wait, you were serious about that?" I ask in disbelief. I remember the day Danny had brought up the stupid idea. It was the same day Riley came to our school. I scowl at the thought of her.

"Of course I was serious" Danny answers. "And you two are part of the plan".

I turn and give Belle a 'is he serious?' look but she keeps her gaze on the road and says "it's better to just go with it".

I turn my gaze back to Danny. "Okay. Lets hear it" I sigh.

"Well, we all have lunch after our third class so in that class I sit next to the door. I did a little research and Claire, you have economics with some of the main popular people that sit there usually. Ask a question like you usually do at the end of class to keep them in the room a little longer.

"Belle, you need to use your charms and chat up some of the boys heading towards the fountain. Keep the busy while I run by and take the table and claim it as 'Dannytopia'!" Danny finishes in an excited voice.

Belle and I are silent for a second.

"You are crazy"

"That will never work"

Danny groans. "Well tell me you guys will at least try" he has a desperate plea to his voice. I sigh before giving in. "Fine".

"Yes!" Danny air fist pumps. "How about you Bella Ballerina?" he asks, poking her. Finally she groans and caves in. "If I say yes will you stop poking me?" she asks.

"It's a deal!" Danny says, ecstatic. Letting out a whoop, he wraps an arm around Belle and I, awkwardly, might I add since we are still in the car. "With me being on the football team this year and you two dancing and cheering me on, I have a good feeling about this year!" he exclaims.