44) Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving. That special time of year where you surround yourself with loved ones and celebrate the things you are thankful for. A day meant for kindness and food and family.

"Darren get your ass out of the way".

Maybe not the kindness part.

"What? Nothing on that screen is as interesting as my story I want to tell you guys" Darren whines as Luke tilts his body to the right, desperately trying to keep his eyes on the screen as the football is released.

"I think the bears would beg to differ" I comment and watch as the Green Bay Packers tackle the Chicago Bears's quarterback.

A collective groan passes through Luke and Brandon as they sit back on the couch.

Naturally, my dad was out of town for thanksgiving but I wasn't mad about it. That meant that I could spend the day with Luke and his family. Brandon was also here because his parents had an important thanksgiving dinner to go to with work partners and Brandon refused to wear a tux on Thanksgiving and sit around people he barely knew.

So that is how the three of us have ended up piled on Luke's couch watching the football game as Amanda puts the last finishing touches on the meal that is soon to be served.

I asked if she needed help earlier since she was in what looked like a frantic state but she just waved me off and mumbled something about gravy under her breath.

"So what is that guy doing?" Charlotte asks, pointing towards the screen as Lea plays with a doll in her lap.

"That's the kicker" Luke explains. "It's the end of the quarter and the bears have one more play they can do. They can either try to get the ball into the end zone or they can try to kick it in but for less points".

Charlotte nods and keeps her gaze glued on the screen. I watch her in amusement. I remember being like her when I was younger. Around her age was when I decided to learn how football worked. Sadly, I had to google all of my questions seeing as my father figure was too busy to explain it to me.

Luke suddenly throws an arm over my shoulder and pulls me into his chest. "Have I told you yet how happy I am that your father couldn't make you his own thanksgiving dinner?" he asks, lips close to my ear.

I grin at him. "Maybe a few times" I say as he places a quick kiss on my temple. "Well I am" he states.

Ever since the day Solender locked us in his classroom, Luke has been full of short and sweet gestures like that. He would compliment me or pull me into his arms when we watched TV or reach back and grab my hand in class when he is seated in front of me.

All of these things never failed to make me happy but I was starting to get worried about his and I's lack of conversation about what we were. It's not that I wanted the official boyfriend and girlfriend title but I did want to know where I stood in his life.

Suddenly my cell phone rings out. I lift my head from Luke's chest and place the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I ask into the speaker.

"Claire bear, my parents are completely wasted and my aunt and uncle are too drunk to cut the fucking turkey" Belle's voice rings in my ear.

"Sounds like a lot of fun" I tease her. 

"No not fun. It's the opposite of fun because they keep asking Zack and I uncomfortable questions like have we ever tried to grind on someone in a club and now my mom is about to talk about her own personal story that's connected to the question and I'm scared Claire".

I laugh. "Well if you can steal the turkey I'm sure you guys are welcome to come over to Luke's house. Brandon and I are here as well".

Luke raises his brows at the mention of his name. "Can Belle and Zack come over? They'll bring an extra turkey" I ask him. 

The Jealousy Plotजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें