59) We Get To Ditch Class For The Woods Part 1

There are certain things in life that you just know. For instance, I know that Sunday afternoons are and will always be reserved for a Netflix marathon with Belle and Danny. Or that when Brandon is mad it's usually because he's hungry. 

Another thing I know is you don't question Mr. Solender. Ever. So when you see your favorite teacher point at you and your group of friends and say "Come on, we're going on a little trip" on a warm April day, you don't question him.

"What the shit Solender, we have classes you know" Danny calls out as him, Belle, Zack, Nicole, Brandon, Luke and I follow our teacher towards a school bus.

"Trust me Mr. Warren, I'm going to teach you more today than you would learn and those classrooms" Mr. Solender states, not turning around.

"Is there a reason you've decided to single us 7 out or do you just have an obsession with us?" Nicole asks.

"Trust me Ms. Brooks, the only person obsessed here is you with yourself. Now, I don't want to hear any more questions until we are on the bus".

We all file onto the bus and each of us claims a seat for ourselves.

"Where are you taking us exactly?" I ask Mr. Solender as he climbs onto the bus.

He looks over at each of us in turn before speaking. "It has come to my attention that there are a few problems going on between you 7 and I intend to fix them".

Belle snorts. "Solender, there is nothing wrong with us" she says confidently.

Mr. Solender sends a quick glance to where Nicole and Danny are sitting across from each other before looking back at Belle. "Are you sure about that?".

That shuts Belle up.

"Solender, why are we the only students on the bus right now?" Zack asks.

"Because Mr. Woods, I am a very good observer. Every other student in my class knows exactly where they are going in their life. All they are worrying about right now is finishing up the year. But something tells me you 7 aren't in the same state of mind yet and as your teacher I refuse to let you finish up your senior year with so many complications still present between you guys".

"How did you know none of us have gotten our college admission letters yet?" I ask him suspiciously. I had been going crazy for the past month trying to understand why I haven't gotten any letters yet when everybody else has.

Luke holds up a clump of letters all tied together. "Guilty" he states.

And in the moment I felt like I could kill Luke Evans.

"What the hell Luke!" I scream, standing up. "You know how much college means to me. What in the world made you think that was a good idea?!".

"Well Claire" Luke starts, turning to face me. "I can't speak for everyone hear but I'm scared as shit for what is going to happen next year. I can't imagine not being able to see all of my friends every day and thinking about the future scares the shit out of me. I thought it would be easier on everyone if we opened our letters together".

"You could have told us you took them you douche" Brandon shouts. "I've been fucking freaking out and worried that I didn't get in to any college".

"It's a crime to steal people's mail too dumb ass" Nicole speaks up.

"Are you going to call the cops on me Brooks?" Luke asks her but doesn't wait for a response before speaking again. "I don't know if you guys understand this but after next month that's it. We're done with high school and most likely done with each other".