26) She loves me she loves me not

"Last one in is a moron!" Danny shouts sprinting over Brandon's brick patio and doing a cannonball into his pool. I smile as Brandon, Belle and Sam jump in after him.

Suddenly I feel someone wrap their arms around my waist. I jump in surprise and turn my head around to see Zack looking down at me with his face full of a certain kind of emotion I had been waiting forever to see from him.

"Come on Claire, you don't want to be a moron do you?" he teases and lifts my body over his shoulder making me squeal and laugh.

I feel Zack running towards the pool and at the last minute, he throws me off his shoulder and into the pool. My body becomes submerged in water as I hold my breath and swim to the top, taking a gulp of fresh air as I watch Zack jump in after me.

As he breaks the surface I wrap my arms around his shoulders and he wraps his arms around my waist. I beam up at him as he smiles back down on me. He leans his head towards me and I lean in too.

When our lips are only centimeters from touching a sudden wave crashes into us and I release Zack to wipe the water off my face.

I look up, angry at whoever just did that but my scowl stops when I see it is Luke. He is sitting on the side of the pool with one of his feet in the water, wearing a look of bitterness well on his face.

"Was that necessary?" I ask, trying to control my anger with him. Ever since we got back from New York Luke would barely look at me. I would try to capture his attention but whenever I caught him staring at me he would quickly look away.

Today is the last day of our spring break and we all decided to hang out at Brandon's pool. Belle, Danny, Sam, Zack, Nicole, Luke and I were all outside.

Luke scowls at my question "Is it necessary for you two to kiss every single moment you feel like it? We get it, you guys are dating, you don't have to remind us of that every second you feel like it" he snaps.

Shocked at Luke's tone, I stay silent. Belle speaks up "Oh calm down Luke, let them have thier puppy love. It's cute" she beams as Sam places a kiss onto her cheek. Danny grits his teeth but quickly masks it by diving under the water.

Luke's electric eyes turn stormy at Belle's statement. "Maybe it's cute to them but it's repulsive to everybody else around them" he snarls.

Zack raises an eyebrow at Luke. "Is that so?" and without telling me, Zack spins me around so I'm facing him and before I know it, he crashes his lips onto mine.

I kiss him back and he starts to make the kiss more passionate. He dips his tongue into my mouth. After a few moments I break the kiss, getting a gulp of fresh air as I look over at Luke.

He looks like I just slapped him square in the face. He gets up and walks back into the house. Angry with Zack, I turn back around to glare at him. "Was that really necessary" I ask.

Zack furrows his brows "What? He can't tell me what I can and can't do with my girlfriend" at the word girlfriend my heart flutters but I ignore it and frown at Zack. "You didn't have to do that though".

Zack shakes his head "I honestly don't see the problem here. I get that you two used to date but I thought that was in the past".

I sigh, knowing that Zack didn't understand. He doesn't know that Luke and I had never actually dated, he doesn't know that recently I had told Luke that if he told me he loved me I would forget about Zack. He doesn't know that Luke is hurt every time I show affection towards Zack.

I sigh, knowing he's right. "yeah, you're right. I'm sorry". Zack smiles and pecks my cheek. "Apology accepted".

At the sound of the patio door opening I turn around expecting to see Luke, but instead it is him with Nicole on his back. He carries a sqealing Nicole and jumps into the pool with her still on his back.