61) Graduation Day

I have always pictured my graduation as a perfect day where I would get my diploma and everything would suddenly change. I would suddenly see things through a new light and everything would make sense.

Never, in any scenario that I have thought of in my head, has the perfect day started with Belle screaming "wake up!" in my ear and Danny ripping the covers off of me.

I look up at the two of them through bleary eyes and silently curse both of them.

I look over to my alarm clock which reads 7:00 and then back at the two of them who are grinning at me like cheshire cats. Then I finally speak.

"Why?".

"Brooks, Evans, Woods and Brandon are already in the car, lets go" Belle calls, throwing to me random clothes.

I groan and quickly go to the bathroom to change into my graduation gown, listening to Danny and Belle's conversation as I do.

"Why don't we ever call Brandon by his last name" Danny asks.

I can practically hear Belle shrug. "I haven't called him by it yet and I'm not going to start on our graduation day".

"Alright, lets go wherever you're taking me" I grumble, still half asleep as I watch Belle snatch up my camera that is laying on my bedside before leading me to her car which is parked outside.

As the door opens Luke's arms immediately wrap around my waist and pull me onto his lap. A grin forms on my face from the fact that I could call him mine again.

"You made it valedictorian" he says into my ear. "How does it feel?".

I turn towards him and grin. "Well the view isn't too shabby" I state, earning an honest smile from Luke.

"Alright you two, care to tell us where we are going?" Brandon asks Belle and Danny who are sitting in the front two seats, Danny visibly stealing glances of Belle. Nothing has really changed between the two of them since they had confessed their love. They still bickered and joked. I guess they had already been in love for so long that the only real difference now was that the other one knew how they felt.

"You'll see" Belle says in a sing song voice and I roll my eyes playfully at her vague tone. "Just don't let it take so long that we miss our own graduation" I joke.

She turns towards me. "Relax Claire bear, we'll get you to the school in time for you to give your almighty speech. Besides, we're all already dressed so there is no rush".

"Is your dad coming to the graduation?" Luke asks softly, wondering if there was actually going to be anybody at the ceremony solely to see me get my diploma.

"Well he promised and I think his promise might actually be worth something now" I say back as Luke pulls me even closer to him, my back against his chest.

We talk for ten minutes until a familiar building comes into view. Our school.

We all immediately start booing at the two in the front.

"We don't have to be here for another 5 hours" Nicole groans, speaking what all of us are thinking.

"I'm sorry to disappoint your highness but there is something all of you want to do before you leave and I know it" Belle says.

We all give her curious glances as she opens her car door, signaling for us to get out as well.

She leads us towards the football field. I cast a curious glance at Luke who just shrugs back at me. The chairs have not been set up yet and the field looks the way it does before a game.