10) The Ferris Wheel

Authors note- I put a gif on the side of the character Mike, played by Kenton Duty

I am extremely comfortable when I wake up. I keep my eyes closed for a little longer to enjoy the sense of relaxation. Suddenly all of the events from last night come into my mind and my eyes snap open.

The first thing I notice is Luke's warm breath on my neck as I look at our position. My head is laying on his chest that is covered with a grey shirt. Luke's arm is protectively around my waist and my hands are on his chest and our legs are tangled in each other.

I try to pull partly away but Luke's arm tightens around me and his eyebrows furrow together in his sleep. I quietly laugh at how peaceful Luke looks but then I remember that we slept in the same bed together and I quickly stop.

"Luke" I say softly as I shake his
shoulder. He lets out a groan but doesn't open his eyes. I sigh and lean down so my mouth is next to his ear and blow hard into it.

He immediately jerks up into sitting position and grabs my arms with a furious look on his face.

"What was that for?" he shouts angrily and I calmly shrug. "You wouldn't wake up".

"So you had to blow in my ear?" he asks exasperated and I shrug. "It worked didn't it?" he rolls his eyes but then stops halfway "wait, you stayed with me the whole night?".

My face turns a little red in embarrasment as I look down at my hands. Suddenly we were in an awkward silence. "Well" Luke says finally trying to break the silence.

Suddenly my phone goes off next to Luke's bed on his table. I don't remember bringing it in here but apparently I did. I reach across Luke and grab it.

"Hello?" I answer sleepily into the phone, still not fully awake, not bothering to look at the caller ID.

"Hey girl" Belle's voice fills my ears. I smile at her voice. "What's up?" I say in a happy tone. "What are you doing today?" Belle asks, getting right to the point.

"Nothing that I know of" I answer.

"Do you want to go to the fair today? It's finally in town". She asks.

"Sure. When?"

"I'll pick up your lazy butt in an hour"

"k. Sounds like a plan"

"Who is that?" Luke asks sleepily next to me while rubbing his eyes.

"Belle" I answer to him.

"What! Who was that Claire?" Belle asks in a surprised tone.

"Luke"

"WHAT! You slept with him! Oh my god Claire I would expect this from the school whores but not from you!"

"Wait, that's not-"

"I mean you guys have only been going out for 3 weeks! And I thought you said you wanted your first time to be special"

"Belle-"

"Did you at least use protection?"

"BELLE! Me and Luke did not sleep together okay?" I shout loudly and instantly freeze and feel my face turn red as I look at Luke.

Luke is now sitting up looking at me confused as if he would give all of his money just to hear the other end of my conversation.

"Then why are you with Luke?"

"I just stayed over Belle" I groan exasperated. "We're not even going out" I quickly clamp my hand to my mouth but it is too late. Luke's head falls to the bed as he lets out a groan and slaps his hand to his head.