14) Party Time!

Luke P.O.V.

I have honestly never seen Claire smile as much as she is now at our dinner table. Usually she would keep a smile for a few seconds but then drop it to concentrate on whatever idea is going on through her brilliant mind.

I admit, at times she is extremely infuriating, well, almost all of the time, but when she is happy and laughing, I'm glad that I'm part of the reason she is smiling. Her smile looks good on her. It erases the wrinkles that cover her face when she is frowning or scowling at me.

I really don't see what she sees in Zack. I mean, come on, he is a total tool. I can see why she would think he is attractive but that's all I see and someone like Claire doesn't only like someone because their hot and popular. That's why she didn't fall for me.

But I'm not complaining. She is a perfect person to use in this plan. She's attractive enough that she can make Nicole jealous but not stupid enough to fall for me. I would hate to break her heart by not liking her back. I already know a ton of girls that have had their hearts broken from me and I don't want Claire to be one of them.

Ahh Nicole how can I describe her? She is the hottest and most popular girl I've ever met. She is also a great kisser and she has a great body. I want her. Zack doesn't deserve to have her.

I think of all of this while I'm staring at Claire who is in the middle of a laugh. When she looks up she locks eyes with me. I quickly look away and ask Darren a question and she turns to Charlotte who is finishing some story.

After 15 more minutes Claire gets up. "Thank you so much for the wonderful dinner and entertainment but I really need to get back" she says politely. My mom gets up and kisses her cheek. "Thank you for coming dear. It was a pleasure to have you". "The pleasure was all mine" she says back.

"I'll walk you out" I say as I stand up too. Claire looks over at me and nods. We walk outside. "Well look who's being a gentleman" Claire teases and I tease back "well you shouldn't have to walk back the whole 100 feet to your house alone" she laughs at this.

"Well I'll see you tomorrow" she states and gives my shoulder a squeeze. "Tonight was fun" I call out as she opens the door. "Yeah, it was" she agrees as the door closes behind her.

At times like this, I'm really glad that Claire is my friend.

Claire P.O.V

"And give me one good reason why I'd want to go to this party" I ask the annoying, arrogant blonde boy leaning next to my locker.

"Well, Sleeping Beauty I can give you 2. One, it is the last day before winter break and you need to learn how to have a life and two, Zack will be there" at the name my ears perk up.

It is Friday before winter break. For the past week and a half I have been helping Luke with history when I didn't have dance and naturally his mom would always invite me to stay for a little while longer for dinner. His house has become one of my favorite places.

"And this is Brandon's party?" I ask and Luke nods. I think about it a little and finally sigh. "Fine" I say and Luke smiles and holds out his hand "great! Welcome to your social life. I don't think we have met before" he laughs as I push him slightly.

"See you later superman" I state and he scowls at his nickname. If he was going to call me sleeping beauty then I was going to call him superman.

My first five classes go by quickly and soon I am at my last class, history. Today was a big day. We were getting our grades back from a big test. Luke and I studied for 3 hours on Wednesday and we both felt good about the test after Thursday.