7) Our fancy dinner at McDonalds

Authors Note- I put a gif of the character Danny Warren, played by Logan Lerman

I know you're wondering what the heck was going through my mind when I jumped and the answer is nothing. I wasn't thinking about anything as I took my feet off of the dock. The wind blew my hair back as I screw my eyes shut and become enveloped in warm water.

I quickly swim to the top and take a big breath of fresh air. Luke grabs my arm and drags us over to under the cover of the dock. He holds his finger to his mouth to tell me to be quiet as we stand in the shoulder deep water and look up through the cracks of the dock.

The three boys sprint over where we are under the dock and I hear one of them say "where the heck did they go?".

Luke keeps his eyes trained on the dock above us as he wraps his arms protectively around me. I realize at that moment how close we are and keep my eyes focoused on anywhere but him.

After a few minutes Luke releases me and says "we're safe now" I nod and he looks down at me and furrows his brows in a concerned way. He slowly raises his hand to my forehead and gently touches it but I can easily feel awful pain when he does that.

I jerk away from his hurting touch and his face turns even more concerned.

"They hurt you?" he asks and I can hear the anger laced into his words. He turns away from me and clenches his fists like he did at the lunch table. "I'm going to fucking kill them".

I quickly swim over to him and put a hand gently on his shoulder "It's okay, I'm okay thanks to you, it's just a little bump" I say trying to calm him down.

He stares at me for a few seconds before speaking "we should get out of this water".

I nod and point at a boat that is close to us. We swim over to it and pull the ladder out of it and climb up onto it. As we circle the boat to the dock and step off of it onto the dock we hear a person yell "freeze!".

We whip our heads around to see a person walking towards us from a good 40 feet "What the heck are you doing on my boat!"

It is my turn to shout "run!". We sprint away, Luke's hand gripping mine to pull me along. We hear him running after us and I let out a laugh of glee. This makes Luke laugh too and soon we are cracking up while running away from the man.

"Here" Luke shouts and pulls us into an alley with a dumpster. He jumps up onto it and helps me up. We jump onto the wall as we hear the man running into the alley "stop!".

Luke takes the 9 foot jump to the ground and then holds his hands out for me. "jump" he says for the second time today to me. I smile and jump down.

My feet hit the pavement, shooting me forward into Luke's arms, causing both of us to fall, me on top of him. We start laughing hard and I push off of his chest and he grabs my hand and we are running again.

We were now in the parking lot where we parked the car. We finally make it to the car and I fall down in exhaustion and laughter. Luke laughs at me and reaches into his car and pulls out a blanket for me. "here you go sleeping beauty".

I smile gratefully at him as he wraps the blanket around my soaked body. He opens my side of the door and I hop in. Luke goes to his side and starts the car and we are off.

We pass by the man who chased us and he curses at us as we laugh loudly and wave as we pass him. I lean back into the carseat in exhaustion and look over at Luke. He is smiling at the road. He turns towards me and gives me a bright smile.

At that moment my stomach growls loudly and Luke hears it. "Here, I'll get us some food" he states and pulls into McDonalds. He gets us both a burger, fries and a drink.