12) The Homecoming Dance Part 2

Authors Note-  I put up a gif of the character Sam, played by Zac Efron

"Belle Williams!" shouts Principal Brown and everyone around me roars with approval but no one is as loud as me. "YESS! GO BELLE!" I scream loudly as Belle walks up to the stage looking both humble and confident in a way that only Belle can be.

Through the applause and cheers I hear Danny's voice from across the auditorium shout "YEAH! SUCK IT NICOLE! POWER TO THE PEOPLE!" and laugh to myself as I see Nicole turn around towards Danny and speed over to him but to Danny's credit, he showed no fear in his face.

She gets to him and pushes him out of the way and stomps towards the exit. I turn my attention back towards the stage and watch as Luke gives Belle a dramatic bow and she curtsies towards him.

"And now, it is time for the king and queen to pick their dancing partners" Principal Brown announces and walks off the stage.

I watch as the crowd parts as Luke passes through them. A few people reach out and pat Luke on the back in congratulations. "Would a peasant like you like a dance with the king?" Luke asks arogantly to me.

"Wow that crown makes your head seem even more big than usual" I say as he puts his hands on my waist and I wrap mine around his neck.

He leans forward and whispers softly so that only I can hear him "and that dress makes your boobs look even bigger than usual". I quickly raise my hand and smack his head as he laughs and tries to dodge it.

"Oooh your a feisty peasant" he laughs and I dig the heel of my shoe into his foot as he shouts "ow!". "Sorry" I say sweetly and he smirks at me. "I guess I deserved that".

"Yeah you definitely did" I answer as we slip back into a quiet dance. "You know this would have been a good time for you to have asked Nicole to dance instead of me" I say.

"Well seeing as she stormed out I don't think I could have and all in good time" he states as he looks over behind me. "Which also brings me to this topic".

"Yes?" I ask as he looks deep into my eyes making me a little uncomfortable. "We need to step up our game in this plan".

"What do you mean?" I asked and he sighs. "I mean, all we have been doing for the last 2 months is giggle and hold each others hands and occasionally hug and it has gotten us nowhere in this plan. We need to step up our game".

"Like how?" I ask as Luke looks yet again behind me at something but I don't dare turn around. "We'll Sleeping Beauty" he starts and licks his lips once. "I'm about to kiss you".

I freeze from shock at his words as his fingers graze my chin, pushing it up a little as his he closes his eyes and suddenly his lips are on mine.

I decide to stop thinking and shut my brain down and go with it as I lean into him a little and feel him smile a little bit into the kiss. His lips are warm and soft and are setting off nervous tingles in my stomach as he presses harder into my lips and pulls me tighter as I do the same around his neck.

I hear a few gasps around me and it brings me back to reality. I am not kissing Zack, I'm kissing Luke. These lips aren't Zack's, their Luke's.

I immediately pull away but Luke keeps his forehead pressed against mine as we both take deep breathes and look into each others eyes. "Now, I am going to go to the punch table. Go follow Zack. He is leaving the gym" he says to me and briskly lets go of me and walks towards the punch table.

I turn around and see Zack walking towards the exit door quicker than you normally would. I take a deep breath and follow him.

I push open the exit door and walk into the dark hallway, letting my eyes adjust. I turn to my right and see a tall figure slam their fist on the soda fountain hard.