Chapter 3

Jordan's eyes widen in shock, fear and confusion. "What.. Are you..?" He took a step back, ready to make a run for it. Scarlet took another step towards him.

"I'm the grim reaper."

    Scarlet dashed toward him. "What.." He reaches into his pocket, pulling out a pocket knife and opening it. "You're fucking crazy! Don't get any closer!" She gave him a bland look. Jordan held up his knife. "I don't know what's going on, but I won't hesitate-"

      There was a clean slicing sound that rang throughout the alley. "To.."  He quickly realized his torso had been separated from his legs. As his top half fell to the floor, he gave a disbelieving look in Scarlet's direction. "I'm... Sorry..." Scarlet apologized. Jordan's top half skid across the pavement.

     "The.. Grim Reaper..?" He mumbled to himself. "But.. We're on the same side.." His eyes rolled back into his head as he lost consciousness. As they both got transported back into Hell, Satan started to speak.

     "A sinner like you wearing a cross around his neck.. How ironic!" Scarlet hadn't noticed it, but he wore a cross necklace.

     Jordan stood in a dark red lake, skeleton bands reaching above the water, frozen, his hands cuffed together. He looked around. "Is this... A dream? Did you really kill me?" He asked Scarlet who was standing behind Satan. Satan smirked, and Scarlet nervously played with her hands. "You... Were marked... And you were just there! I have to kill one sinner a day, and... You... Were the easiest target."

     Tears started forming in her eyes. "I... Was a target? Ha..ha... You bitch.. I should have slit your throat the moment we walked into that alley.." He said, insanely. Scarlet stopped, confused by his words. What?

    Satan smirked, looking at her with that same crazed look. Why did everyone seem to have that down here? "I told you, X marks a sinner. The sinner you have brought me... Lures women into his apartment with his beautiful face (Kinda fruity, Satan). He is a serial killer. He has killed ten women. You were going to be the eleventh. But because of your unique circumstances, the tables have turned..."

   She shot Jordan a glance, he looked completely and utterly insane. "Why? Why murder? I mean... What's the point?" She regretted ever saying sorry to the bastard. "I'm selfish." He held his hands that were bonded with chains forward. "I like the high of watching the blood drain from a beautiful woman." Hands rose from the lake, ready to grab ahold of the deranged killer.

    "This filthy world has gone to shit, anyway! Why can't I have a little fun with it?!" The pair of hands wrapped around his neck. "We're all going to fucking die sometime! No one cares anymore!" More hands rose from the lake to latch onto him.

    "You're disgusting." Was the last thing scarlet said to him, as the hands finally grabbed the man. "Seriously? You took me on a date, lured me into an Alley, and murdered me." As he went under the water, he said his last words. "What's the difference between you and me, Scarlet?!" He was submerged in the lake.

    "The sixth level.. Sinners drown for an eternity at the bottom of this ocean, dragged down by their sins." Scarlet remained silent. "Scarlet?" She inhaled, her demeanor becoming unnerving. ".. Satan. If that man was only sent to the sixth level... Then what the hell did I do?!" He smiled.

    "Telling you would just spoil all the fun." She returned to the dark alley she had killed Jordan in. "I'm... Back?" She looked at her hands, as if checking if this was real, to begin with. "Did that actually happen? Did I really.."

     She glanced next to her, where part of Jordan's body lied. "I actually.." Her eyes widened, the weight of what she just did smacking her right across the face. "Fuck! His body is here! I really...!" She sprinted down the alley, turning the corner to go back onto the street.

    However, she quickly came to a halt when a gun was placed to her forehead. Chase, the blonde man with bright red glasses was holding the weapon, and he narrowed his eyes. Her eyes widened. Did she already get caught? How would she even get out of this situation?

(Revised and checked for errors: yes, once.)

Words: 735