Chapter 17

"....how did you-" The boy made a fist, cracking the scythe Scarlet made with her energy into small particles within a second. Scarlet's eyes widened. 'What?' The boy stopped, before his hand went forward, grabbing Scarlet's face. "You're a bad person, aren't you?" He asked, and Scarlet could feel his hand on her. The gloves were rough.

    He pushed her forward with his hand, and she went flying into the wall, about 30 feet away. She slammed into the cement wall, creating a dent in it. The impact hurt like a bitch. She slid down the wall, slumping to the floor, trying to process what just happened.

   The boy started to make his weapon with his hand, holding it up elegantly. "..boss, please get back." "What the hell are you?!" Scarlet asked him. The phrase was familiar, as all the sinners she had killed so far had asked her that very same question, and now she pondered it. What is he? The particles and energy of his power circled around him. He held his arm up.

"The same as you."

   Scarlet started to get up, forming a scythe in her hand again. "...You mean you're a--" He quickly dashed towards her, a fist made in his right hand. She realized quickly, since he was quite far away, and held out both her hands, her scythe formed and out, ready to use it as a shield of some sort. He noticed this. "Didn't you learn anything?" He wrapped his fingers around the middle and it shattered just as quickly as the first time, if not faster. It was almost immediate.

   He grabbed her face yet again and held her up to the wall, her body going limp. He grabbed her wrist with one hand, still pinning her to the wall with his hand. "Stop taking out that annoying weapon." He stated, before ripping his arm back, tearing Scarlet's right arm off in the process. It was incredibly quick and oddly... Painless. Her eyes widened seeing her arm in his hand. 'My arm?'

    The back of her head started getting that same, black glitchy, and tingling feeling as before, but it wasn't too bad quite yet. It spread fast, however. 'I can't feel--' He threw her body back before she could think anything else, let alone speak or make any sort of action to fight back. She slid across the ground. 'What do I do.' Her mind finally realized the situation she was in. 'What do I do?' She sat up slightly, seeing the 'reaper' coming towards her yet again. Fuck.

      There was a sort of.. Demon? Behind him. It was shaped sort of like a poorly drawn rabbit, with the same :3 face on it, just as his mask had, and it was black and neon pink. His mask seemed crazier than normal. Maybe it was the primal feeling Scarlet had, making her imagine things. Like drugs. She had that feeling over nearly half of her face now, as she looked at the thing coming towards her.

'I can't beat him.'

  Scarlet started to stand up again. She quickly turned around. 'I need to run.' It was her only option. If she didn't, he would kill her. She only ran for about 5 seconds when the bunny-like reaper appeared in front of her, but upside-down. How did he get to her so quickly? He was so far away when she first got up.

    He dropped in front of her, making her stop running to avoid hitting him. She was still frantic, and her eyes widened even more, if that was possible. "Now you're running. That's annoying me." He grabbed her left ankle, wrapping his hand around her boot and tearing her leg off. He tossed it to the other side of the room, then threw Scarlet again.

    She slammed into a wall with less force than before, sliding down it. 'Is it really going to end like this? How... Can I get away?' He started walking towards her again, and she glanced at him through her hair which was slightly covering her face. 'There must be a reason he's wearing that mask. Do I still have... That?' She reaches down to her side with her remaining hand, and her face was over half-covered now. She still had it.

   "Brook. That's enough. I don't know if she'd be more useful dead just yet." The leader of the Red Spades stopped him. "Ah, why didn't you tell me that before I ripped off two limbs-"

     Scarlet, who had reached for the gun and drawn it, shot 'Brook' in the side of his head, right where the strap that held on his mask was. She had broken the strap. The mask fell to the floor. Brook turned towards her, and it was clear he was irritated. "Did you think... That a bullet was going to hurt me?!"

     Scarlet, who had used her distraction to her advantage, was now sitting on an open window sill. "Not really." She fell backward, out of the window."

   "My arm is deceased after drawing this chapter." - Graveweaver.

(Revised and checked for errors: yes, once, but let me know if you find any.)

Words: 872

Fun fact of the day: Hangry is an actual word.