Chapter 34

(I might have used this image before but I don't remember. Even so, enjoy Brook. He's beautiful. This is also literally one of my favorite chapters ever hehehehwihh)

      The area where the Red Spades was based looked abandoned and like it was falling over. In a room, the leader stood with Brook by her side. About 10 feet in front of them stood a woman with freckles and green hair. She was wearing scrubs, so she was obviously in the medical field somehow. A man was on each side of her, placed as guards most likely.

     "...If you want me to continue supplying the Red Spades with painkillers... I want 20% of all your total profits. All of them." She crossed her arms and narrowed her eyes at the leader. "I know that we're your only supplier. And that our painkillers make a large part of your revenue. So it's not fair to us. Twenty percent is fair." "...No?" "...So you're going to just go ahead with losing my entire supply line." "No, I won't be doing that either. A lot of people will suffer if they can't purchase painkillers from us. Some might even die. And a dead customer doesn't spend any more money." She stated with an amused and smug smile.

      "So we just can't have that." "Exactly. so you have no choice but to take my offer, or else you'll lose business." The leader shrugged her hands. "Nah, I'm gonna go with option three. Brook, get rid of them." "...Huh? You're sending your kid after me? You're a fool. If you don't want to accept my offer, we'll be cutting business and taking our leave."

"No you won't."

      The woman crossed her arms, giving the leader a look that said 'I don't believe you.' The leader pointed at the side of the woman. Brook was no longer next to the leader. "Turn around." The woman didn't turn, but she looked to the side slightly. Her eyes widened and her arms dropped as she turned her head to look at the bodies of her guards standing there, one without a head, the other without a torso.

      "...W-wait... H-How? How did.." She turned back to look at the leader, only to be faced with Brook and his now-fixed mask. There was a crunch as he killed her, and he soon found himself in Hell without his mask, facing Satan. "Brook." Brook looked at his surroundings. "Can I leave?" "You want to leave already?! But you haven't seen daddy in so long!"

     "'Daddy?'" Satan cupped his hands and put them over his chest. "Yes, yes! Daddy is so proud of his big strong son for bringing papa three sinners on the same day!" Brook held a pained expression on his face. "Please stop." "And since you're such a good, perfect boy..." He ignored Brook, "...Papa wants to ask you a biiiiig favor!" "I'm begging you to stop talking." "So, my dear little Brook, could you please... Tell me everything you know about the Red Reaper."

      Brook's eyes widened slightly. "..You mean Scarlet?" "Ah, yes, so I guess you got very familiar with her when you ripped her limbs off?" "The boss ordered me to attack her, I wasn't pursuing her. You know I don't attack random sinners anymore." "Right, right. I do wonder how long you intend on keeping up your deal with that mortal.." "As long as possible. I can't trust the sinner's mark. Some people have complicated circumstances. But every sinner the boss orders me to kill is a bad person. I don't feel guilty. Go ahead, Satan. Tell me. Is Scarlet a bad person?"

      "She took the deal to escape her sentence to the ninth level of Hell." "So I was right. The people sent to the ninth level are always bad. But then that raises a question for me. Why her? Though the ninth level is incredibly rare, I've never even reaped someone to be sentenced there, it's not like she's the only one... So... Why did you make her a reaper?"

     "Her sin is exceptionally unique, and better yet, she doesn't even remember it. Her circumstances are perfect for something I need done." Brook deadpanned. "That legitimately tells me nothing, Can you be more specifi-" "Aaaagh, enough, Brook! I was going on about how you're such a good boy, then you go and interrupt papa for so long!" 'This shit again.' "Listen, Brook. I need you to tell me everything you know about her and what she's doing in the waking world. That's an order, by the way."

     Brook put a hand on his hip and tilted his head at Satan. "Why don't you just ask Deer?" "I did, but they refused to tell me anything. He isn't as good as you are~" Brook sighed. "..Well...We... Have been watching her for a while. Since the beginning, probably... and every time we see her, she's with this man." Satan's eyes widened, just as his grin did with this answer. "Tell me more.."

    "Calling himself daddy is probably the worst thing Satan has ever done." - Graveweaver

words: 842