Chapter 16

Scarlet stared at the wall with wide eyes. Her memory was still extremely vague, but, she remembered something about a person picking something up. Who, and what they were picking up, she couldn't recall at first. However, she realized it was herself picking something up in the area. What it was? She could only guess.

    She shakily tried to stand up. "Scarlet?" "I know where they are..." Chase started to stand up. "..what? Who is 'they?'" Scarlet started walking down the alley. "...Scarlet! Hey! Are you listening to me?" Chase started to run after her. "W... Where are you going?! Wait for me, you're too fast!" Scarlet kept running.

   'I'm moving without thinking.. But.. It's this way! I can feel it! No, I can remember it!' Scarlet kept running, Chase following. He was out of breath. "Listen, I'm a detective, I'm not really built for this kind of exercise! So, if you could learn to talk again, and tell me where-" Chase came to a halt, nearly running into Scarlet on the way. She was facing a door. "A door?" Scarlet held her fist up to it. "I've been here before."

      She reached and was about to knock when it slammed open. A man stood there, in a simple blue shirt and jeans, a sack over his head with eyes cut out so he could see. He had a sinners mark. "...you again." Scarlet looked at him with wide eyes, and Chase glanced between him and Scarlet. What was happening again? He needed a refresher.

   "You know the drill. Blindfolds. Both of you." He held out two black pieces of cloth. "If ya wanna see the boss." They both put the blindfolds on and walked in. Chase was taken in a different direction than Scarlet. As they walked down the corridor, Scarlet felt unnerved.

       "Where did you take my friend?" "He's being held in a side room. He's not allowed to see the boss." "And you're not going to touch him, right?" "...depending on how well you behave." The man leads Scarlet in front of him, into a room. It was silent for a moment. "Leave us." A woman's voice said, and Scarlet heard footsteps leading out the door, presumably the man's.

    "Take that blindfold off now." Scarlet put her thumb under the blindfold and lifted it off her head. There stood a woman, with a long sleeve and followed white shirt, a black and gold corset, and a skirt. She was old, obviously, she had grey hair. Next to her was a person in a :3 mask, wearing a lot of pink and black. He looked a lot like a bunny, with a pink cloth standing up like one. The lady crosses her arms. "Wooow, look what the cat dragged in. It's been so long... I thought you were dead." Scarlet narrowed her eyes.

     'Is this.. The leader of the Red Spades?' She looked at the one in pink. He didn't have a sinners mark. 'That makes sense but... Who is that non-sinner?' The woman smirked. "You do realize the trouble you're in?"

   "I don't. I came here for answers." It wasn't a lie. "Sure. You'll get your answers... After you pay your debt." This irked Scarlet. "Debt..?" The woman smiled. "What? You think I'd just forget? Five million. Pay up." Scarlet's eyes widened. "W-wait, five million?! What the fuck did I do to owe that much?!" What had she done? "Playing stupid won't make it go away. I'm going to get my money one way or another. If I can't get it in cash, I'll just take your body." Scarlet thought for a bit.

     "You have no idea who you're dealing with. Tell me who I am." The woman smiled in amusement. "...are you referring to your little detective friend? Trust me, the police won't care if he's dead either." ".. I'm talking about me... I'll get my answers from you in hell." Scarlet formed her Scythe, taking a stance.

    The woman was more amused than before. "Oh, what's this?" Scarlet sprinted towards the woman, and she swung her scythe down into her, but the bunny grabbed it and stopped it in its tracks, and the woman took a step to the side. What the hell? Scarlet stopped, and the boy just stared at her through the mask. "A reaper, huh.."

    "The bunny is fed up with being at the bottom of the food chain." - Graveweaver

Fun fact of the day: Farting can help reduce high blood pressure.