Chapter 6

Chase exited his mother's office, walking back into the room Scarlet was waiting in. 'That took a while...' Scarlet thought as she noticed him entering the room.

    She stood up, standing behind chase as he stopped in the middle of the room, facing away from her. "So, uh, did you get that paperwork?" She awkwardly gave him a small smile and wave, but they quickly vanished. "That won't be needed." He turned slightly to glance at her. "You and I... Let's talk."

    The two of them left the police station, quickly finding themselves in a similar environment to the one that they had previously first met in. They both stared at each other, both having their arms crossed.

     "So, what's your name?" 

There was a pause of silence.

  "Scarlet."

  "Alright Scarlet, tell me... Why did it smell like blood in that alleyway?" Scarlet moved her hands to her side awkwardly. "H-he attacked me. That's why you took me to the police." She needed to get better at her lying skills. She hadn't really thought about it, she should have whilst in the waiting room though.

    "You're not visibly injured, how could the scent of blood have been so strong?"

    "What are you implying?" She asked him. "Well..." He looked down. "It's just suspicious..." Scarlet felt herself becoming impulsive. Did she have to kill another guy? Again?

   Chase put a hand to his chin. ".. How you have the same face as the woman in case x." All of the emotions Scarlet was feeling quickly went away from shock by his words. "I lied to you. I brought the to the police station because I thought you were a suspect in a certain case... But she's dead, and her body is at the morgue." Scarlet's eyes widened.

'My body??'

    Chase ran a hand through his hair. "Despite that, you still look exactly like her. Something isn't right about the situation."

"How did she die, the woman who looked like me." She finally had a chance to figure out what had happened to her, and why she was in this mess. What had she done? "I have no idea. I don't have access to the case. It's top-secret, and it would be incredible if anyone managed to solve it... And I... Am determined to be the one to solve case x. And no matter how I look at it, you're entirely too suspicious. I can't legally arrest you, but... Until I'm entirely sure you're unrelated to case x, I can't just let you walk away."

  "...I see..' They both stare at each other for a few seconds. "Having the same face as someone in such a prolific case... Is very problematic for me." Scarlet's hand wandered up to her lips, touching the X-shaped scar that lay there. "... And since I can tell you're not going to let me go, maybe we can make a deal." Chase lowered his head slightly.

    "I'm listening."

"I'll stick around you to prove I'm innocent. I can even help you with case x, if my face will be of any use. But in exchange, you need to help me find something that I lost."

"And that would be?"

  "A secret. For now." Scarlet extended a hand towards him. "Do we have a deal?" Chase looked at Scarlet, then at her hand. He reached out and shook it.

"Deal," they both say, sumotaniously.

   The moon had a red glow to it, and a person sat on top of a building, watching the two converse. He had a pink bandana wrapped around his white hair, and it held up in the shape of rabbit ears. He had black shorts and a white shirt, as well as pink gloves. He was wearing a black cloak with pink on the inside of it. He also had a white mask that had a ':3' face on it.

     He pulled out a cell phone and took a photo of Chase and Scarlet as they shook hands. "How long are we going to watch them?" Someone from behind him asked. "As long as it takes."

"Don't you love mysterious characters?" - Graveweaver

  (Revised and checked for errors: yes, once.)

Words: 698