Uns Chapter 96

Brook slams the door closed with a bang. You stand next to him. holding Lightie to your chest with your free hand over her eyes. 

"I hate them." Brook declares. "I hate them so much. There is a lock on that door. These doors have locks for a reason."

"Or you could have knocked," You say with a grin. He smacks your arm. "What? You can't like you haven't done worse."

"Shut up. Fuck you. Go fuck yourself." 

"Why would I fuck myself when-"

"Deer-"

"Wait, no-!' Chase yells from inside the room. "It's not what it looks like!" 

He grimaces and walks down the hall faster. You look down at Lightie and grin. 

*****

When Brook slides down the wall to sit on the floor he holds out his arms. You hand him Lightie and sit down next to him, fiddling with a strand of his hair. Chase lies on his bed and Scarlet sits on the floor across the room.

"We got to the rooms less than an hour ago, and you already took off all of your clothes," Brook says disdainfully, like a mother disappointed in her children. You grin, trying not to laugh hysterically. It would be a bad time, especially in the awkward silence. 

"Was knocking not a thing a century ago, old man?"

"I said the same thing!" You declare. 

"I thought you would be excited to see your cat!" Brook declares, throwing his hands up and glaring at Chase's side profile. Lightie lies against his chest with her paws up, not a thought behind her eyes. "We went through all that trouble to get her from the alley with all the cops still around." Brook complains. 

"I knew she was here, but thanks." Chase murmurs, still staring at the ceiling. 

Brook blinks, then glances at you. "Well, if you don't care about her, then maybe we can just adopt her," He mutters, rubbing Lightie's head. She starts purring immediately, closing her eyes. 

"Oh, yes, please," You whisper, looking down at the cat. 

"What was that?" Chase asks, turning his head with the most horrific look on his face. 

"Nothing." Brook sing-songs. "You seem to be very relaxed with this whole becoming a national fugitive thing, Chase." He says as a change of subject. 

You catch Scarlet's eye on the other side of the room, watching Brook and Chase converse.

"Things stopped surprising me after the whole eternal Hell thing."

"That makes sense, I guess..."