Chapter 11

The woman looked through the peephole in her door, seeing Scarlet outside of it. "It's that rude girl from today. Where's the detective?" She saw Scarlet's eyes slightly glowing red through her hair. (That normally happens when she uses her demon energy thing or is about to, I just haven't mentioned it yet, my bad.) "..and what's with her eye?"

   The woman slightly opened the door, enough to peek her head through it and speak to Scarlet. "...what do you want. I don't want to talk to you. Bring back that detective instead." Scarlet grabbed the handle of the door, slamming it open. The woman took a few steps back. "W-what the hell do you think you're doing?!" Scarlet rose a hand next to the woman's neck, forming her scythe.

    A tear fell down the woman's face as she felt the scythe pressed to the back of her neck. "I'll see you in Hell." Scarlet moved the scythe forward, cleanly cutting the woman's head off. They were both transported to Hell.

    They all seemed to be in an area with a lot of ropes and such hanging around, the air was a deep blood red. Black crows, hundreds of them, flew around the area.

       "Parents are wonderful, you know. More and more potential sinners are born into this world, for me to eventually sentence.....But parents who kill their kids? Those are my
f a v o r i t e."

   The woman stood on a Rocky terrain, a noose around her neck limply, in the same white simple clothes and bonded hands as the other sinners that had been sent to Hell. "Hell?" "Not just hell, the fifth level of hell... You disgusting sinner. You'll hang here until the end of time. Birds will gather and eat your flesh, picking you to the bone. Your grotesque body will hang until your flesh slowly grows back, ready for the birds to return for another meal. A perfect resting place for you, little miss filicide." The woman was silent before she started sobbing.

    "He was going to die anyway.... He was sick, I couldn't afford the treatment. He was suffering so much, and I just wanted him to die quickly..." "You 'wanted him to die quickly'? Are you kidding me? Is your idea of mercy to strangle him, chop him up, and flush his little pieces down the toilet? Seriously? You think you can lie to the devil himself?!" He reached out a hand to her. "You're a dirty sinner until the very end."

   '... So that's it, huh? Just another crazy murderer?' Scarlet looked away from her. 'What a disgusting woman-'

    "... I was... Going to be someone." The woman looked up with teared filled eyes, more running down her face. "When I was younger, I wrote a story...about a girl who could grant wishes." The woman looked at her hands. The woman reflected on her past, when she was a child.

"She keeps writing about dumb fantasies! You put these ideas in her head!" "Me?! You're the one that took her to see that cartoon! You're always doing things with her without asking me!" Her parents were arguing.

     "My friend was in literature club... He insisted on reading it."

   "Is.. Is it alright?" The boy set the story aside, and looked up to her. She noticed he was crying. "It's... It's really good. A-Ana! You have to enter this in something! Show it to a publisher! Anything! The world needs to see this! Your story is amazing!" He shook her shoulders while trying to convince her.

    "Ana." She looked at her mother, who was holding an open envelope and a letter. "We got a letter. You entered a contest, didn't you?" The girl turned around, ready to fight her case. "Mom-" "You won." The girl's eyes widened. "If you can consistently make money like this... We'll allow you to go to university."

    The woman started sobbing more, remembering how all of her papers came home with an F circled in red ink in the corner. Every. Single. One.

"I barely managed to graduate."

  "So, what are you planning after all of this?" Ana's friend asked her. "I don't know...stay with my parents, I guess." He smiled at her. "Wellll, I was going to begin a start-up game company, and it just so happens we need a new writer..." Ana looked at him with shock, then a smile graced her features.

    She no longer smiled when she told her parents. She sat with a bloody nose, her parents in front of her. "Give you money to run off somewhere to play games?? When are you going to grow up?! You nearly failed college! You never won another contest! It's time to give up and settle down! You've had your fun. Let us set you up with ____ so you can become an adult." "But I don't want to get married or have kids-" "Shut up! Stupid, stupid, stupid! Every woman does! Your sister has three and she's overjoyed!" "Ana, just listen to us. We know what's best for you. We love you. "

   "Why wasn't I strong enough to say no...? I didn't... Feel anything.."

   She thought back to when she got married. When she was pregnant. When she gave birth. How alone and unhappy she was. When her husband left her. How she asked her parents for help.

    "Help with raising your son? We have no time! We have to take care of your sister! He probably left you because you're so hopeless! Besides, why were you stupid enough to have a kid with him if he was so unfaithful?! You stupid, stupid girl."

   She remembered when her son came up to her.

   "M-mommy... I don't feel so good.."

He had thrown up blood. Straight blood.

     "Where... Is that happiness...i was promised?"

   The bills were half a million dollars.

   She stood over her son with a cord in her hand.

  "He was going to die.... So slowly. I couldn't afford it. It was the only way out. For the both of us. So yes, I'm a sinner and a fool. ...that's my truth. If either of you meets god... Just... Tell him... I'm sorry."

   The rope around her neck yanked her backward off the rocky terrain for her to serve her sentence.

    "My favorite bird is the potoo. Google it." - Graveweaver

(Revised and checked for errors : yes, once)

Words: 1085

   Fun fact of the day: Today, November 19th is my birthday.