Chapter 15

Thanks to my friend for helping me out with this chapter, I greatly appreciate it! :)

       Back in college.. Chase remembers how happy he was all the time, a smile on his face. Trailing off into his own memory whilst telling his story. Scarlet couldnt help but smirk and; try to hold in a laugh. Wait, why are you looking at me like that? Chase barks. Im imagining, like, some kind of cartoon for girls. She laughs at the thought.

Annoyed, Chase looks at her. Do you want to hear this or not.

    I do, I do! Sorry! Keep going!

Drifting back into thought, Chase describes the story. The feeling glows with soft yellows and oranges. In this soft scape, Chase is young, and full of life. Wearing a button-up polo shirt, with the top unbuttoned and a satchel bag hanging over his shoulder. A Brunette girl, much shorter than him, bumped into his side as he was walking.

    On the first day, I ran into a girl.

    Hey!!! She shouted, offendedly. "--Oh ...Sorry He seemingly mumbled. With an angry, yet flushed face, she shoved him aside. Running away, she yelled, W-watch where you're going, idiot!!!!

    I was instantly enamored. Chase says presently. "All she did was shove you and call you an idiot, Scarlet responds judgmentally. "Yeah, but she was hot. Scarlet retracted all her emotions as he said that, weirded out.

    I kept running into her. He began. In thought, he pictured numerous scenes of the short girl scrambling away from him, angered and flustered each time, never willing to talk to him. "I wanted a reason to talk to her.

    So I found one.

   Sitting at the end of a classroom table, with a book in hand, he met with the girl. Y...You like 18th-century literature? Ans you want to join my club? The girl said in awe, it seemed as though she was the only member of said club.

    Yes. 'I hate it..' Chases thoughts echoed through his mind, which felt hollow at the moment.

    The perseverance of a male in heat is kind of impressive. Scarlet remarked blankly. Yeah

    With cheerful chirps the girl rambled on her fixation. "Youve never read any of Jane Austens works?! Seriously? Ah, its Been on my to-do list I knew you looked like an idiot! You arent a real enthusiast until youve read her work! Oh Well, maybe you could teach me about it? They conversed.

    I ended up learning a lot about her. She was genuinely smart and interesting. A little rude, yeah, but I could overlook it. -- I mean, that was part of her charm, right?

    Pushing himself back into his memories of the girl, Chase continued on. Chase and the girl were sitting outside, still on the school campus, next to each other on a bench.

    "So, in chapter five, theres a part where her uncertainty about the situation is symboli-- The girl was cut off by another student.
    Woahh, _____, Is that you? I havent seen you in years! - Oh, is that your boyfriend? 

    Chase perked up. Oh, hi! Yeah, Im her boyf-- He began, only to be cut off by a fist plummeting into his jaw.

KYAAA, SHUT UP!! The girl growled. A bit of blood seeped out of his mouth next to where he was struck. "That kind of hurt. He grinned, trying to laugh it off as an accident. Angrily whipping her head around at him she snuffed, T-Then dont say such embarrassing things! Besides, are you really going to complain about being hit by a girl?!.

    ...The rose-tinted glasses started to fade. Chase admitted woefully. He described certain moments with little detail, many of which upset him to say out loud.

    Wow, are you really that stupid? Why am I even dating you, Idiot.
...Sorry.

    Cant you think for a second before you talk?! The only thing that comes out of your mouth is shit!
...Sorry.

    Ugh, youre bleeding after such a light hit.
...Sorry.

    What a pathetic man.

    ...In the end, she broke up with me. I never could stand up for myself. I consider myself to be a pretty logical person. But Emotions blinded me. He concluded. Scarlet looked at him in thought, then it returned to her.

...Being in a relationship probably means love, and love is inconvenient. A chemical reaction that if I ever had the misfortune of experiencing, I could easily reason myself out of. Youd have to be a complete idiot to not think about it rationally. Scarlets eyes widened upon remembering what she said, it felt like a wave of guilt flowed through her body

    Not looking over to see her reaction, Chase continued on. Anyway, it was unfair of me to snap at you without you knowing that bit about me, so my bad if I Overshared--- 

Im sorry!! Scarlet said, loudly, cutting Chase off. Huh-- Seriously!!! I feel like such a dick She muttered, burying her face in her hands. I dont even have experience with that kind of thing, and here I am talking out of my ass... Chase looked over at her surprised, once he gathered himself quickly, his eyes softened. T...Thanks. Despite this entire situation, youre pretty genuine, arent you?

    They sat side by side in the alleyway, pure silence echoed for a meer moment as Scarlet thought to herself. 'I dont think hes lying to me. Hes a sinner but I dont think hes like Jordan. There must be something I'm missing. The story of his sinners mark is definitely more complicated than I'm assuming.' She looked up for a moment.

    The tranquility of thought didnt last however, despair infected her eyes as she looked at a symbol painted on the alleyway wall in red. It was a fascicle of small red spades, all forming a large red spade on the wall. She felt anxious, however, she scowled her eyes when looking at the spade. 'I remember something.' 

   "Tsunderes, man." - Graveweaver

(Revised and checked for errors: yes, once)

Words: 1006

Fun fact of the day: LGBTQ+ members are illegal in over 72 countries. (Me)