Chaper 87

The men made no move to shoot, despite having their weapons at the ready.

"We're waiting~." You drawl out, waving a hand in a slow circle as if asking them to get on with it. The men glance at one another. "S-Should we shoot it? I feel like we're being tricked..." One asks.

"Stop hesitating! We need to fire at the same time!" One man in the front yells, and they all look at you and Brook but don't fire. Brook sighs deeply, and begins counting down. "Five... Four... Bored." He says in a flat voice.

Both you and he launch yourselves forward at the same time, and the men scramble. "Shoot!! Just fucking shoot it!!!" One yells, panic clear in his voice as he lifts his gun. The sounds of gunfire fill the air as they all start shooting at you and Brook as you persist.

You put both your hands up over your face to try and stop your mask from being destroyed, feeling every impact but not being all too bothered by them at all. By the time the men cease fire, the bottom half of your mask is shattered. You let your arms fall and glance down at yourself, frowning down at your ruined outfit because now you have to go to Hell to heal yourself and your clothes and that's such a hassle.

Brook, when you look at him, is in the same predicament, but his mask is completely gone. Both of you are covered in blood from the wounds but still stand anyway. Brook looks over his arms at the police squad, blood dripping down his face while yours is relatively untouched.

"You should have brought more ammo," He says, and his voice is clearly raspy. Probably got hit in the throat. You don't think you can speak right now, and bring a hand to rub at a wound in the center of your throat without thinking. It makes a weird sound and you wince, but persist nonetheless.

"W-What? H-how... how can we possibly kill those things...?" A man asks.

"You can't kill us," Brook states simply, letting his arms fall to the side. He looks feral, and you would tell him how attractive that was if you could speak, but he would probably punch you in the throat again. "We're already dead."

Several people drop their empty guns, and you grin. "You're a monster..." One of them states.

"Damn right," Brook says like it's common knowledge. "Start running."

Several of them freeze and Brook uses his demon energy and starts sprinting toward them. They start running, mumbling and crying under their breath.

You glance around, not really in the mood for running. You form a neon green shard in your hand and launch it out at one man still frozen and staring at you, and it pierces his safety mask. He falls to the floor, limp, and you look over just in time to see Brook decapitate someone. Everyone else looks at him too and both of you disappear at the same time, landing in Hell.

"Woah ho ho! What happened here?!" Satan's voice rings out giddily, and suddenly he's upside down in the air in front of you and Brook's face. You frown, debating to spit some blood in his face but think better of it.

"Small situation with the police. Can we go?" Brook says sharply. Satan raises an eyebrow, looking at you, and all you can do is shrug your shoulders and gesture vaguely to your throat.

He deflates. "You kids never tell me what you get up to! I like to hear gossip too, you know!" You see Brook roll his eyes as Satan runs a dismayed hand on his forehead, then has his face fall flat.

"Very well, get back to your playdate." He snaps his fingers, and you know you're healed. A second later you're standing back where you were in the waking world, most people looking up in the air where Brook just appeared fully healed or where you're standing.

Brook lands back on his feet on the road, and the men start whispering frantically again. You can't make out only one sentence, and they aren't being quiet about it either. Not to mention you and Brook are separated by them. You frown.

"You're dealing with a reaper!" Chase's voice rings out throughout the crowd, making the others stop talking. You and Brook glance at Chase, who is shielding Scarlet. She still has her demon out, and it adds effect behind him since it has several eyes. "Four of them." You snort, looking away as the crowd starts talking again.

"A reaper?"

"I've never heard of that..."

"N-No one on the radio said anything about this!"

Chase held a smug look on his face that make you giggle, but you cover your mouth when a few people look at you. "Let me tell you... about the power of a reaper," Chase says. Your shoulders shake a little, but you collect yourself.

"First." He holds up one finger. "Every reaper has a demon inside of them. The demon sometimes can break free if the reaper is angered enough, and you'll all be slaughtered in seconds. Every single one of you. Two." He holds up another finger.

"We're immortal. Remember how the pink and green guy healed all his wounds when they killed your friends? If you injure us, we'll be forced to kill one of you to fully restore our bodies. Which brings us to the third point." He holds up one more finger.

"If we kill you, your soul will go straight to Hell, and you'll be tortured for eternity. So, are we going to do this the easy way... or the hard way?" Chase asks, widening his eyes as he looks at the men around him.