Chapter 59

"Step aside, Reapers. I must strip the Red one of her Reaper powers." You felt Brook's hand squeeze on your wrist more. "Gonna be honest, you picked a real bad time to be poking into our business." He squinted at her. "Besides, how do I know you're not lying to us? You definitely are an angel, but I'm not dumb enough to think you're all goody-two-shoes-"

The demon from behind you let out a scream and you turned around to see it charging toward you. Brook pulled you backward, but the demon still managed to slice your arm pretty deep as you fell into Brook. He let out a string of curses, pulling you back up to stand on your own two feet. The demon landed on the floor a few feet away from you. "Deer, Brook-" It said in between pauses. "Scarlet! Can you just get control of your fucking demon already?!" Brook yelled at her, and you pursed your lips.

"It can talk now..." You mumbled to him. "What a pathetic sight." You whipped your head around to look at Bernadette. "I tire of this useless blather. If you get caught in the crossfire, that will be your own fault," She snapped her fingers, shards of... either glass or mirror appeared around her and in the air. Brook sighed.

"Fuck me."

You glanced at him from the corner of your eye, snickering.

" I've already done th-"

The demon lunged at you again and Brook skidding backward, out of it's reach. He let go of your wrist, causing you to stumble on your feet, before pulling you up right and grabbing it again.

He narrowed his eyes at you.

"Don't test me,"

"I'm going to count to three. One..."

Brook sighed. "Save your breath, shiny. We're gone. Good luck,"

He took a step back, pulling you with him as you looked down at your arm. "Wise." The demon said something, and you all looked at it.

"What on earth is Satan thinking... There's no way he would have given his power to someone so emotionally unstable unintentionally..." She thought out loud. Brook let go of you, sneaking around the side while the angel was occupied. You swore under your breath, moving your arm. There's no way you could shoot your bow like this, and you hadn't thrown a knife in years. Not to mention it was your dominant hand that got slashed. It was all up to Brook now, you supposed.

"He's up to something..." She continued. "Perhaps I should consider confronting him. Although, I can think of a few ways that could go wrong..." You smiled proudly when you saw Brook appear behind her in the air, probably jumping, ready to hit her over the head.

She turned around and her eyes widened when she saw Brook. There was a deafening crack as he kicked her in the back, sending her to the floor. You made a whooping sound, kind of cheering him on. Moral support, since you couldn't really do anything. Couldn't you?

She hit the dirt below, sending it up everywhere, and as she painted on the floor you formed a few small shards in your hand.

"How... Dare... You... You bastard Pink Reaper! I gave you the courtesy of announcing my attack, and you kick me from behind?!" You made three small shards of green, sending them flying towards her with your finger. Only one hit her, stabbing her elbow, making her whip around to look at you through the dirt in the air. You kicked some up to hide from her, stepping to the side where Brook was ducking behind some trash. "Show yourself!"

Thudding sounds echoed throughout the dusty area and she set shards of glass in the direction of the sound. A few of them impaled Scarlet's demon, causing it to let out a yell. You stood up, squinting in the dust to see what was happening. The demon had stabbed Bernadette, lifting her off the ground.

"Wha-" She brought more shards down onto the demon's back, successfully impaling her to the floor. There was no blood on the angel; must have had the power to regenerate, you concluded, stepping around the pile of trash with three green shards in your hand. "Hold still." She instructed the demon.

Brook jumped up from behind the pile, rushing towards her. In a matter of seconds, he landed a kick to her spine again and you cheered slightly, throwing the shards at her. It cut her hair and calf.

He got ready to throw another punch as she formed more shards in the air, impaling his arm. You both calmly looked at it as you moved your arm around, walking to stand behind her. You backed away as she formed more around her as if making a shield.

"Reapers, cease your aggression at once! This matter doesn't involve you! Why on earth are you even defending the Red Reaper?! Do you understand that by doing this, you are naming yourself an enemy of Heaven as well? Stand down immediately, or I will strip you of your reaper abilities as well!"

Brook sighed, and you snorted. "She almost talks more than you." You mentioned, making eye contact with you through the shards. She whipped around to look at you. "Do all angels talk this much?" You mocked offense, a sly grin forming on your face. "I'm not that annoying, Bunny,"

He moved his arm backward, breaking the shards that surrounded him. She was persistent, sending shards both your and Brook's way. He was able to break and dodge them with his hands, while you used other shards to make them ricochet towards her. "Pretty slow," You heard him remark.

She huffed, glaring at Brook. Brook looked at his arm, biting an edge of the shard impaling it, and pulling it out. You huffed. "Lucky." You held up your arm. "She got my muscles. I can't grip anything..." You glanced towards the demon, still stuck on the ground. "Oops, I forgot your thing was in my arm," He remarked, the shard still in between his teeth. "Your skills are just so weak, it's hardly a bother." You felt your face start to flush, but ignored the feeling as you circled the angel at a safe distance to stand next to Brook.

"Alright, pretty boy," You scrunched up your nose. "Hey! Watch it," Her eyes switched between you and Brook. "Let's go," She challenged. She put her hand out to the side and stomped again, her wings emerging from her back, spread out. They were pretty, you had to admit, but also huge.

You and Brook both let out a deep sigh. This wasn't worth this much effort. There was a deafening sound from behind you and you turned around to see Brook's rabbit demon tower over all of you, letting out a squeak. "Oh, we're doing that now? Okay," You agreed, looking around, unsure of if you should bring yours out. It wasn't really needed. Scarlet's demon sniffed the air. "Brook-" It said a little more clearly, screaming and bending down, breaking the shards that were holding it in place.

It rushed towards Bernadette, who looked alarmed. Brook's demon was gone before you knew it and he put an arm up to cover you defensively on instinct. "Scarlet, come on!" He yelled. That made the demon's attention turn to him. "Scarlet!" You yelled as she rushed forward, sending her deformed and spikey hand straight towards Brook. It impaled him as he grabbed it with the hand that was covering you. You grabbed her other hand that tried to impale you too.

"God damn it, Scarlet," You muttered as your injured arm gave out and she shoved forward. "Why are we even trying to save you?" Brook questioned.

Bernadette pointed a finger towards the sky and several shards started flying down on all three of you as the demon yelled your names gravely. Brook looks up, sweating, at the shards raining down n both of you. You inhaled sharply. "How the fuck are we gonna get out of this..." He muttered. "We always do," You supplied, grunting as the demon finally broke skin at your torso.

"Yep. This is it. Graveweaver the Elf has officially died. Goodbye." - Graveweaver

Words: 1385