Chapter 94

"Why do I need to join your art class?" 

You complain, putting your arm over your eyes. 

Alex's room is bright in the mornings when the curtains are pulled back, and now you have to wake up early because your mother thought it would do you some good to do an art class, and when you have a class, it's always with Alex.

"I don't know why either of us has to go."

"I don't even like to draw," You moan miserably, rolling over onto your stomach. You kick your legs up and look up at him. He's putting his hair up, strands falling in front of his face as he ties it back. He looks pretty this morning, cheeks slightly flushed from all the running around and trying to get dressed properly.

"You're good at it, though," He points out, and you feel the corners of your lips tug up. 

"So are you. At least you like doing it."

"But it isn't necessary," He points out. 

You shrug.

"Y/N! Alexander! It's time to go!" Vanessa shouts from downstairs, and you groan dramatically again and roll off the bed. You land with a thud on the floor and stay there for a few seconds before finally getting up and trudging out of the room.

____

One good thing about the art class was the teacher was nice. He simply directed a few simple painting styles and said to practice with whatever you wanted, as long as you used one of these styles. Make whatever you want, you have an hour, he said, and then he left to go and do something else.

The painting was something you knew Alex really liked to do. He came back around to it every now and then, and you had a few photos from him in your room. He mostly painted landscapes and used a lot of bright colors, but in a way that they didn't look bright at all. 

"What are you going to paint?"

"I don't know, yet." 

You ponder on it for a moment. "Why don't we paint each other? I like that idea. I can paint you and you can paint me. Here," You moved to sit in front of him, so you had a clear view of his face if you moved to the side and he had a clear view of yours if he did the same thing. 

"I've never drawn a person before," Alex mumbles, eyebrows furrowed as he glances at his paints and then the canvas with a contemplative expression. 

"Me neither! It could be fun! A new thing for both of us," You insist, leaning forward and waving your paintbrush in the air at him. He raises an eyebrow and sighs softly. 

"Alright, then. Let's paint each other."