Chapter 64: Short Stories of Day 1 of the Glamorous Festival

Benimaru's Quest

2 weeks have passed, and the Glamorous festival's day is right in front of us. Human friends from adventurers, commoners, nobles, and even royalties from different kingdoms. Though we don't really care about social hierarchy... It's amusing to see various people roam our beloved Kingdom.

It's been years since I stayed in Satoru... no Rimuru-san's place. All of our works have come together and finally, we manage to gain the coexistence of monsterkind and humankind. Though Rimuru-san is mighty he is the type of person who will not use any kind of violence to achieve his dream.

Let's not focus on the obvious and enjoy the festival right in front of our eyes. The Central plaza was filled with food stalls and equipment shops. The bureaucracy of Tempest must have thought about this festival meticulously. The human visitors roaming around and passing by was like hundreds per area. Even though it's free on establishing a personal business... every one of us is responsible to keep the utensils we used neatly.

Every street I passed through is firmly laid out with confetti.

 Orcs, Dwarves, Elves, Ogres, humans, and... I believe they are called Tengu a high-tier species in the Great Jura Forest. And with him is Benimaru-san. I don't know what I am up to but my instinct is telling me to trail them.

Sneaking beside them was not an easy task as Benimaru-san possesses {Universal Perception} and the Lady Momiji is a high race with keen sharp senses.

I hid on the corner of the alley where they couldn't notice me. Now, that I followed them what occasion must be it? A date perhaps?

"I missed Sir Benimaru."

"Uhm... okay"

"I successfully accomplished Lord Rimuru's request. Don't you think it's a good time to bless me a reward?"

"You mean, you successfully scouted the whole Jura Forest?"

"I'm afraid that is not possible. However, I successfully scouted whose within my reach. But don't underestimate the Tengus. Although we don't have an absolute jurisdiction with the Great Jura Forest... The news of Tengus scouting races for coexistence should be lingering by now. Thus after that, other races are bound to seek Lord Rimuru's protection in no time."

"That's good to hear."

"Now, I want my reward for my amazing hard work."

She lunged her body to Benimaru-san assertively. Uncomfortable with the assertiveness... Benimaru is on the defensive.

"I shall grant anything you want within my utmost capabilities. But first, let me sincerely apologize."

An unexpected scene unfolds in an unpopulated alley.

Benimaru-san whose known for his pride and honor respectfully kowtowed in front of Momiji.  There are no people around in the sense of sight, if someone saw this they might be shocked as Benimaru is known as the Samurai general.

"I am sorry, I don't expect you to forgive me but actually... I have a child from Albis."

The Tengu's eyes widened and were frustrated. She firmly believes that she is the only woman whose charm captivates the samurai general. But far from reality, a beastkeeter Alvis was able to come on top in terms of the sexual life with Benimaru-san. 

Her expectations are anonymous to reality.

"Tsk she got me off guard."

Instead of getting infuriated by Benimaru, she is infuriated with Alvis instead.