Chapter 68: Preliminary round! Tartarus: The Battle of the Devils

Err... how can I say this?

Geld was in front of me kneeling.

Regardless he won the preliminary round which makes him the first contender in the quarter-finals.

"Good job, I guess?"

I can't say that I didn't watch his battle though.

He is not the very least unscathed. The devil duo of Moss and Cien did a decent fight against Geld. Though I want to support Geld, I can't be enthusiastic about it since an uncharted story of this restart had happened.

First was Yuuki's collaborator. 

And Second was a new skill being born inside of me.

I can't be more optimistic about it but what Ciel-sensei had reported to me is disturbing. On top of it, the surging pain that I have felt is still lingering. As a True Deity, my soul instantly reconstructed itself, but the discomfort of taking a portion of your core by a skill that does not even exist is alarming.

A new skill that still doesn't exist but had an already existing Ego.

If I could guess, this skill will skip the Unique Skill phase and become a born Ultimate Skill. 

What's more, it is that unlike regular skills it's a skill that took a sample of my spiritual body. Ciel-sensei is born through a great sage that had been a part of my soul since the beginning but the new skill is taking a part of my soul as its nucleus therefore he/she will become an independent skill. 

And... we can't rule out the possibility that this skill is not harmless. We might get to see a skill whose same properties as the Justice King Michael.

Going back to what's in front of me. Geld once again respectfully bow to me before leaving the office.

It may be another enemy or an ally. Regardless I have to make it privy.

I shook my hands dispatching Geld a farewell.

putting my hand on my forehead which ached because of thinking too much. 

I stressed just thinking about the issue.

Shuna entered the room pushing tray tea carts.

She immediately distributed a cup of tea to me.

"Thank you, you are a lifesaver Shuna."

She responses with just a radiant smile.

Shuna really is a life-saver. Tea is a great stress-reliever it contains vitamins to release body toxins.

I accepted one cup and took a sip.

Suddenly as I was mesmerizing myself with the questioned skill.

Rigurd knocked three times. In response, I allowed him to proceed in the office.

He thanked me with a bright face as he enter.

"You sure got a big smile. I assume what I had tasked you was carried out smoothly?"

With a blushing face, Rigurd loudly claimed in the office that.

"Yes! I, Rigurd had successfully done the important tasks Lord Rimuru had appointed."

Had science gone so far? what I had requested him is international scale diplomacy tasks. On top of it, the number of tasks is ginormous, and just to accomplish one would take several years to accomplish.

"Erm. Proceed."

I couldn't say any more than that. I expected a lot from Rigurd but not this much.