2.Unhealed scars

No one loves me...That's why You all didn't complete the VOTE target.🥺🥺🥺

I thought of giving you all a Diwali surprise...Happy Diwali.😍😍😍

But the next chapter is only when I get 100 Votes...This time I'm stubborn.😒😒😒

Mythili's POV

"Come in," Aagney's booming voice resonated through the closed door as I stood outside indecisively. I hesitantly walked inside the MD's cabin and held my breath as I saw the person I dreaded the most after three long years.

Aagney Mittal was the son of Raghuveer Mittal, a businessman, and Mrs.Dharini Mittal, a homemaker. Moreover, his dad was my father's best friend until three years back. But then it all changed, and from that particular day, my dad broke ties with his best friend. And the same can be said about Aagney's father. They shifted to Delhi while Aagney remained in Mumbai. And it was him who developed his dad's business to what it is now in just three years.

"So, Ms.Mythili Sharma...Why are you here in this lewd man's abode?" Aagney looked at me from top to bottom in contempt, and I was pulled back to the present.

The man in front of me was nothing like the Aagney I knew. He was not the sweet childhood friend of mine who treated me kindly and protected me under his wings. He had changed to a cold-hearted man over the years. That lovely person was long gone and in his place was a well-built man who had no emotions on his face. His unhealed scars were visible in his eyes in the form of the flames that were ready to burn me alive.

"I-I ...my dad...his operation...the doctor asked me to ...I mean ...it's an expensive surgery," I stuttered, unable to form a sentence as I struggled to control my tears.

"Aah...Your dad...the emergency case, right," he smiled, and I looked at him in confusion.

"It's a pity he is not dead yet. And don't worry; He won't die that quickly. After all, he should live to pay for all his sins...Don't you think so, Ms.Mythili, "he added sarcastically as I sat there, taking in all the humiliation thrown at me.

"Please...I beg you. My dad's life is in danger, "I pleaded.

"Of course, I understand. But the thing is, this surgery is expensive. And how are you going to pay the amount for the surgery? "He asked, looking straight into my eyes.

"Eight lakhs is nothing for me, but the thing is, I hate to give charity to unworthy people like your dad. It gives me immense pleasure to see Raman Sharma struggle for his life. Besides, I have a deal for you, Ms.Mythili," he said scornfully.

"What is it? "I asked immediately. I was ready to do anything to save my dad in my current situation, even work as his slave for my whole life. But after hearing his condition, I felt like molten lava was poured into my ears, and my entire body trembled at the very thought of it.

"I won't force you... the choice is yours...your father or your dignity...choose wisely," he said emotionlessly.

"Please don't do this to me. Is this your revenge? How can you do this when my father is struggling between life and death? "I sobbed.

"I have not opened up this hospital for charity. I am not a broad-minded person to give concession to your father...that too for such an expensive surgery. And what did you say? Revenge?... Yes, it's my revenge...you are your father's pride...I want him to heal soon and realize how you saved his life," he said coldly.

"I know what my dad and I did to you was wrong, but please let the doctors do his surgery...I will repay you soon," I begged.

"Hahaha...how will you repay me? Your father's business, your property, everything is under debt because of your dad's foolishness. I am not ready to make an investment where I am sure to face loss," he said calmly.