33.Plaything

This chapter has some past narrated by Mili to Diya...I have written only glimpses as there is a lot of past in the earlier chapters...Those who forgot, please read again because it will be boring to rewrite whatever was written earlier.

Please Vote dearies...Love you all❤️

Author's POV

"Avni...How do I seduce your moron brother?"Mili asked with her hands on her hips.

"Ewww, woman...you are seriously asking me that, "Avni growled as Mili gave her an innocent grin.

"Heee...what to do? Whenever I see him, my feet tremble, and I forget that he is my best friend, "Mili winked at Avni.

"Go tell Aagney Bhai that you love him, or someone else will become my sister-in-law. There are a lot of beautiful doctors working with him who are waiting for an opportunity to profess their love to him," Avni smirked at her.

"If he dared look at another woman, I would bloody murder him and kill myself, "Mili scoffed.

"Alright, tiger, don't roar before me. Show your angry version to my brother and proclaim your love for him soon," Avni said sarcastically.

"By the way, why are you taking such trouble...just tell our parents that you like my brother and tadaa!!! Your wedding is fixed.I recently overheard our moms talking about getting you both married to each other," Avni smiled pompously like a detective.

"Really...but I have to know whether your unromantic brother loves me or not, "Mili pouted.

"Ideaaaa!!!!!"Avni screamed.

"Tell my brother you love someone else and watch his reaction closely," Avni suggested.

"But I don't want to attach another man's to me even for fun's sake, "Mili exclaimed.

"Awww...my dear sister-in-law...so much love for my brother...Hmmm...Wait...You call him Dev, and everyone else calls him Aagney. Why don't you tell him that you love Aagney, and trust me, you can say that to my brother fearlessly and runaway if something goes wrong, "Avni twitched her eyebrows playfully.

"So you are telling me something can go wrong if I propose to your brother? Like what?"Mili gasped.

"Like you can end up in the operation table...Don't forget that he is a surgeon," Avni chuckled while Mili threw a pillow at her in fake anger, and both laughed their hearts out.

Mili smiled as she narrated glimpses of her past to Diya. It was Avni's idea to confess my love to him by playing with his name. And when I told him that I loved Dev and to help me propose to him, the happiness in his eyes was unexplainable when he realized that I loved him just like he loved me.

"My dad married Priyamvadha, my mom's sister, due to peer pressure from my mom's family. Though she showed love and care towards me, there was something amiss. After Aditi was born, my stepmom ignored me. But she never showed resentment towards me in my dad's presence. She was a loving and caring mom in front of my dad. She didn't physically abuse me, but she used her sugar-coated words as her weapon and made me realize every single day that I was an unwanted person in that house. Dev's friendship was a relief to me from all the pain I suppressed inside me for my dad's sake. I met Dev and his family when I was ten years old. His dad was my dad's best friend. Dev was an ideal son and brother. Avni and Dev had an age gap of 8 years, and she was more of a daughter to him than a sister. Dev's caring nature attracted me to him. Our dads fixed our wedding, and everything was going well. Only two people were irritated by our dad's decision to get us married-my stepmom and Aditi. Aditi was not like this when she was young. She was a good and loving child who loved me very much. But as years passed, there were changes in her character. She loathed me mainly because of her thought that dad loved me more than her. And now I feel that Priyamvadha has fed a lot of venom inside her against me. But my brother Aakash loves me because I am more of a mother to him than a sister, "Mili sighed.