43.Until we meet again

I once again apologize for the delay...that is all I can do🙏🙏🙏

Thank you all for your patience.🙏🙏❤️❤️❤️

Author's POV

One month later

"Mithu...Drink this juice, "Dev forced Mythili, who turned her face away in disgust.

"Please, Dev...I can't drink this...it's nauseating," she responded, making a face at the contents in the glass. It was a traditional medicine made by Dev's mom.

"Tell this to your mom-in-law, "Dev smirked as Mili glared at him, snatched the glass from him, and drank the contents in one go.

"That's my good girl, "Dev kissed her forehead, took the glass from her hand, and placed it on the side table.

"Take rest," he said as he saw Mili lost in her thoughts.

"Dev..." she squeezed his hands and leaned on his shoulder.

"Tell me, Mithu...is something bothering you?" he asked, caressing her hair.

"How did he look like?" she asked slowly as tears filled her eyes.

"Mithu...stop...no more cribbing over the past...What's happened has happened...I know it is difficult but not impossible," he said sternly, hiding his tear-filled eyes from Mythili.

Dev was heartbroken, and so was Mithu. They both knew that their lives would never be the same again. Dev held Mithu's hand tightly and tried to console her as she sobbed uncontrollably. He knew he could do nothing to undo what had happened but was determined to help his wife heal from the trauma.

Dev and his parents stayed by Mithu's side for the past month, comforting her and letting her know she was not alone. He listened as she shared her fears, pain, and grief. He never judged her, nor did he try to tell her how she should feel. He simply held her and let her cry.

Slowly, Mithu began to recover from the physical injuries, but the emotional wounds ran deep. Dev knew that the trauma of the kidnapping and the loss of their child would take time to heal. He supported her in every possible way, whether accompanying her to counseling sessions or holding her hand.

Eventually, Mithu began to find solace in Dev's presence. She began to smile again and found joy in the little things in life. Although the pain of the past would never entirely go away, Mithu knew that she had Dev by her side, and that was enough to help her move forward.

Dev and Mithu had been through a traumatic chapter in their lives, but they had become stronger together. They knew that they would always be there for each other, no matter what.

Dev kissed her forehead deeply, reassuring her as he reminisced about the events a month ago.

While Mythili was recovering in the hospital, Akshath surrendered to the police. He confessed his crimes and was remanded by the police. Dev was acquitted of Avni's murder case and was freed from all charges against him. Akshath's father was forced to resign from his political party. Abhiram and Naomi were arrested for conspiracy but were released as Akshath took the entire blame on him. Priyamvadha was too detained but was released on bail by Raman. The whole conspiracy was all over the media.

"Aagney ...Someone's here to meet you, "Dharini's(Dev's mom) voice made him come out of his thoughts. Mythili was fast asleep on his shoulders. He slowly placed her on the bed, making sure not to wake her.

"Mom, who is it?" Aagney asked as he walked out of the room with his mom.

"It's..." she hesitated, rubbing her hands together.