15.A bad dream

Aagney haters might kill me after this chapter, but he is not at fault in this chappy...it's all your fav Mili...I'm hiding🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

Vote target 120 Votes🥺🥺🥺🙏🙏🙏

Author's POV

Aagney tucked the strands of his hair, blowing in the sea breeze as he stood on the balcony of the hotel room. The place was serene, and the only sound was the waves. The moonlight added to the area's beauty, surrounded by the Arabian Sea's waters. He had brought Mythili to Murudeshwar, a temple city in Karnataka. Aagney's clients had requested a meeting, and it was him who suggested this place, for he knew that Mythili always wished to visit the temple.

He took a deep breath and looked inside the room where Mythili was sleeping due to the tiredness from the journey. Aagney smiled to himself, thinking how Mythili didn't know where they arrived late in the night. Since it was off-season, the whole place was deserted, and there were no lights at all. He had barked at her when she asked him where they were. And in her anger, she fell silent and went to sleep the moment she stepped inside the room. Aagney couldn't sleep because of his rioting mind, and it was almost three in the morning as he spent the sleepless night watching the rumbling waves. He walked inside the room, hearing Mili mumble in her sleep. Soon she stirred in her sleep, fidgeting her head, and started sweating profusely.

"No...leave me ...Don't touch me...Stop...stay away from me...Please...I beg you...Dev...please save me," she cried in her sleep.

Aagney froze, hearing Mili's cries. Dr.Shradda's words rang in his ears from a few months ago.

"Aagney...Mili's weak mind will not overcome a trauma once again. She will lose herself forever, and there will never be a come back for her from that dark abyss. Anirudh had briefed me about her family, and from what I learned from her dad Mili has always been protected by him. And Mili loved her dad more than anyone else because of that. Mili's dad was guilty of marrying Priyamvadha due to his family's pressure, and even after the marriage, he was distant from his wife for Mili's sake. But Mili's grandparents held Mili responsible for their son's unsuccessful second marriage, which forced Mili to make Mr.Raman accept Priya as his wife. Mili was scared to lose her dad, and to make sure of that, she learned to accept everything that was part of her dad's life. Not only that, Mr.Raman has a history of heart disease, which troubled her a lot. And that explains a lot about Mili's weak character. It's her unconditional love for her father that makes her weak," Dr.Shraddha explained.

"What should I do, Shraddha? I want her back as the cheerful girl I have always known, "Aagney expressed his worries.

"I'm damn sure that Priyamvadha and Aditi will do something to harm her. The only relief was that Raman was still there as a wall protecting her. But now Raman is in a coma, and Mili is surrounded by enemies. She will never come to me on her own," Aagney sighed.

"Then force her to be with you. And also distract her from her current sorrows. You can make her angry at you. In this way, she can be diverted from her distress. But be careful around her, and you need to observe her for signs of depression. If you find her lost in thoughts or scared of something, you should immediately snap her out of it...you will have to do that by either getting angry at her or making her do some work. This should, for the time being, do the job," she explained.

"You are right about one thing, Shraddha. I should have kept her with me the moment I knew what had happened to her. It's partly my fault. But I was busy trying to find my sister's culprits. Milind (A/N in case you forgot ...he is the one who helped Aagney in jail) and I have almost laid the trap for those bastards who murdered my Avni, "A sad chuckle left Aagney's mouth as he thought of his sister.