7.His Murderer

Vote target 80 VOTES.No more double update now because everyone forgets to vote for the first update.🥺🥺🥺

Mythili's POV

"How is dad? "I asked the nurse in charge of my dad.

"He is still in a coma. But there are positive signs, and he started breathing without the help of a ventilator. The doctor will brief you more about his condition further," she told me with a kind smile.

"When can we see the doctor?" Mom asked anxiously.

"There he is, "the nurse said, and we turned to see a man around Aagney's age greet us with a polite smile.

"Follow me to my cabin," he requested, and we accompanied him.

I looked at his nameplate, which had his name and degree. A lost feeling gripped my heart when I read the letters MBBS...now a distant dream of mine.

"Ms.Mythili," Dr. Ajay's voice brought me back from my thoughts.

"Yes, doctor, "I answered, composing myself.

"See Ms.Mythili.Raman Sharma's condition is much better than before. He has started responding to the medicines. Soon he will be out of the coma. Then I will shift him to the room. But it may take more than a month for him to recover completely. Once his wounds are healed, I will refer him to a physiotherapist. Don't worry, Ms.Mythili and Mrs.Sharma.Mr.Raman will be fine soon," he assured us.

"It's good to know that you are family friends of our MD.Mr.Mittal has forced the doctors here to make Mr.Raman's recovery quick. Our MD is a kind person, and you are lucky to have him support you during such a devastating time," he added as we got up to leave his cabin after thanking him.

Mom looked at me in shock while I looked away in pain. Lucky and me...I was not fortunate...I was the most cursed woman to be born on this earth...And Dr.Ajay doesn't know why Aagney wants my dad back healthy and fine as soon as possible. It's all for his revenge. He wants my dad to know how I saved his life. I dreaded that day but never for a moment wanted my dad to remain in a coma for another day just because of my fear. My dad will definitely hate me when he comes to know that I compromised myself in return for his life. The thought itself sent a shiver down my spine.

"Mili...Aakash will be hungry. We should buy some breakfast," mom told me.

"Alright...let's go to the canteen. And later I have to go for a job interview, "I told mom as I had to join my new job with Aagney today.

"Job interview?...but where?" she looked at me in confusion.

"At Mittal industries, "I answered her with a straight face.

"But Mili...Aagney?" she asked me with a lot of confusion on her face.

"He offered me a job as his personal secretary and also he has bought our house from Reddy. But don't worry, mom, he has allowed us to stay in that home as long as I work for him, "I said quickly, giving her no room for any further questions. Mom was strangely silent, like she was thinking about something deeply. We were both lost in our own world until we reached the cafeteria. Both of us froze on our spot when we saw the most unexpected person sitting at one of the tables there. It was Aditi, and she was leaning on a man around 25 years and taking selfies while having her food.

"Aditi, "mom called sternly while she gave us a dull look.

"Mom, Mili...This is my friend Rajath," she said, still clinging on to him while the man named Rajath scanned me from top to bottom lecherously.

"Aditi...come back to the room...now," mom said, glaring at her in annoyance. Mom went to the counter and ordered the food, and she went back to the room with the food still gazing at Aditi and Rajath in anger. I, too, went behind her, and soon Aditi came back to the room with a carefree look on her face.