35.Dirty secret

Please vote, dearies...I have hurt my hand ...that caused the delay...Still recovering...Please understand...Love you all❤️❤️❤️

Author's POV

"Daksh, please...give me some more time. Mili won't trust me anymore. How am I supposed to lure her here? "Priyamvadha cried out in frustration.

"I don't know, and I don't care. Bring Mili home, or I will expose your crimes, "Daksh threatened over the phone.

"Daksh..".Priyamvadha shouted.

"Don't yell...I know your dirty secret...Don't you dare defy me, or I will let the world know how you bloody murdered your own sister for insurance money, "Daksh laughed.

"No...Daksh...don't...I will do something and bring Mili home soon, "Priyamvadha pleaded.

"That's good, Priyamvadha. Moreover, my boss has made his move and kept Aagney away from Mili. He has created problems in Aagney's Coorg plantations which will keep him busy for at least a week. So use your time wisely, "Daksh gave her an ultimatum before hanging up the phone.

Priyamvadha hung up the phone and closed her eyes in desperation. Soon a wicked smile spread over her lips, and she walked into Raman's room with determination to ruin Mili's life.

Mili's POV

"Let him come back...I will teach him a lesson. He said he would return in two days, and it's almost a week now. Baby...your dad doesn't love your mama, "I complained to my unborn child, caressing my tummy.

Dev had not returned from Coorg because some workers created more trouble, and he had to stay back to settle the issues. I missed him every single second that passed. And there was this growing anxiety inside me after the day I saw Daksh in the traffic. Dev assured me that Daksh wouldn't be seen anywhere near me, and I trusted him. Though Dev calls me every day, I still feared that something terrible would happen. Already I had hidden my pregnancy complications from Dev. I feared his reaction after he found out what I had done.

"Baby...Will he hate me when he knows what I have done to save you? But I'm sure he will be a wonderful dad to you. And tell your dad not to be angry with your mama. Mama loves him a teeny tiny bit more than you...that's why I chose you above me for him. I hope he forgives me for not letting him know of my complications. I wanted to tell him, but I was scared that my Dev would choose me instead of you...It's not because he doesn't love you...it's because he is afraid to lose me. I want you to love your dad more than me, even if I'm not there with you both. Take care of your dad for your mama, Will you?" I talked to my little peanut with tear-filled eyes.

"Dev...Come back soon...I want to spend the little time left with you and our baby, "I looked at Dev's picture on my phone.

I was busy looking at Dev's picture when the phone rang, and I attended it, seeing that it was ACP Gautam.

"Mili...listen to me ...I have got enough evidence. And your suspicions are correct. Your mom's death was not natural ...it was a well-planned murder," he said.

'G-Gautam...Dad...he doesn't know anything. He is just recovering from the accident. How will he bear all this? But I will not leave anyone who killed my mom," I sobbed.

"Mili...Don't worry...we will trap the culprit soon, and your safety is important too. So don't get emotional and do something stupid. Just wait for Dev to come back," He said and talked to me about something important before hanging up the phone.

I walked out to the hall when I saw mom and dad dressed up to go somewhere.

"Mili...the day after tomorrow is Avni's death anniversary. So we are going to our old house to clean it up for the ritual, "Dad told me with tear-filled eyes.