14.A bane

Vote target 115 votes...on the previous chapter as well...Views are above 500, but no one cares to vote except for my loyal readers. It makes me think...Is my story crap?

Your views on my story, please...should I stop writing...🥺🥺🥺

                           your worried author.

Some sensitive content ahead...Read at your own risk 🙏🙏🙏

Author's POV

"Dad," tears rolled down Mili's eyes as she saw her dad on the ICU bed. Raman was wide awake, and tears flew down his eye too, but he couldn't console his precious Mili because of his health condition.

"Ms.Sharma, Don't cry and disturb the patient. He is just back from a coma. It will take at least one month for him to be back to the new normal. He needs both physiotherapy and speech therapy to become at least somewhat normal," a nurse said kindly to Mili.

"I'm sorry, "Mili apologized, wiping her tears and holding her dad's hands in hers.

"Dad, Get well and come back home soon. All of us miss you so much. Don't worry ...everything is ok at home, and your Mili has also got a job. So just don't think about anything and recover fast", she squeezed her dad's hands in assurance. Raman smiled back at her, and Mili happily went out of the ICU, sighing in relief that her father was out of danger.

"Mili Di, "Aakash, who was waiting outside along with Anirudh, braced her in a bone-crushing hug.

"Kashu...Dad is fine. They will shift him to the ward in a week," She said, kissing his cheeks.

"I was scared for you, Di...Daksh ...if Aagney had not come, he would have hurt you, Di. I couldn't protect you,Di. I am so weak," he sobbed.

"Kashu...You did everything to protect me. And I know you will do everything in the future also to protect me. So don't cry and grow stronger for your Di," she kissed his forehead.

"Thanks, Anirudh, "I thanked Anirudh, who was standing there with a neutral face.

"Don't thank me. I did what Aagney asked me to do. And Kashu is not an inconvenience to me ", he said briskly, not giving a chance for Mili to speak.

"Hello, Ms.Mythili, "a voice spoke, making Mili freeze on her spot. She turned around to look at the owner of the voice.

"H-Hello, Dr.Shraddha, "Mili greeted, trying to hide her anxiety from Anirudh.

"Aah...so you remember me," Dr.Shradda smiled at her.

"You ...Do you work here now?" Mili couldn't hide her curiosity.

"Yes...Because my hubby says he wants me near him whenever he wishes to see me," Dr. Shraddha said, intertwining her hands with Anirudh making Mythili gulp in fear. Mythili couldn't believe that the psychiatrist who treated her in the past was married to Anirudh and was also working in Aagney's hospital. She feared what would happen once Dr.Shraddha told Aagney about her past condition. Sympathy was the last she wanted right now, and that too from Aagney.

"I-I had some work to do. See you soon, Anirudh and Dr.Shraddha.Thanks for taking care of my brother. And Kashu...don't create trouble for Anirudh. I will take you home soon. Be a good boy," she said hastily and almost ran away from there.

"What happened to Di?"Aakash asked Anirudh.

"Nothing, Kashu...She remembered that she had to go to work. Now you can go to my cabin and play with my tab. I will join you soon after my rounds," Anirudh said, caressing his head, and he followed his instruction and walked towards Anirudh's cabin.