26.Boss

The vote target of the previous chapter was not met...but still, I'm posting an update because I'm fed up with waiting for the vote target to be completed. But this is a plot twist chapter ...if you want to know what will happen next, I want votes for both chapters, i.e., chapter 25 and chapter 26.😏😏😏😉😉😉😎😎😎

Vote target 150 votes...silent readers, please vote.🙏🙏🙏

Mili's POV

My eyes fluttered open to darkness, followed by my head hurting like hell. Soon I was fully conscious, and my eyes were accustomed to my surroundings. I was in a vast bedroom with a king-size bed on which I was lying, huge closed windows, and an attached washroom. I slowly sat up on the bed and rubbed my head as I remembered being kidnapped by those men. I placed my hands protectively over my stomach as I searched desperately for ways to escape from this prison.

With difficulty, I got up from the bed and found the door, which I thought to be the exit. I tried to open it, but it was locked, and in frustration and anger, I banged on it frantically.

"Please...open the door...let me out...What have I ever done to you all? Why have you locked me up?" I screamed and fell to the ground as my body was weak due to exhaustion and lack of food.

After a while, the door opened with a creak, and a woman in her late thirties walked in with a trolley of food. She smiled at me kindly and helped me get up from the floor. She turned on the light and stood near me.

"Who are you? Where am I? Why am I locked up here?" I flung my questions at her.

"Madam ...Please calm down and sit here," She said, making me sit on the couch near the bed.

"Your body is weak. First, have this food and water...it's your breakfast," she smiled again and placed the plates on the coffee table.

"Please save me. You are a woman like me, right. Please, I'm pregnant, "I begged, holding her arms.

"Madam...I'm sorry...I'm helpless. I can't do that. My boss will kill me. But please have this food, or else I will have to face my boss's wrath," she replied, looking helpless.

"No, I won't have this food. Ask your boss to come here first," I retorted angrily.

"Madam, please don't be stubborn...My boss will come only when you finish the food. Don't think about anything else...just think of your baby inside you. Do you want to starve yourself and risk the life growing inside you?" she requested in a kind tone.

"Alright...I will eat, "I said, taking her words into account. I was already trapped in this unknown place, and to find an escape route, I needed energy. Also, I have to think of my child's safety. With these notions in my mind, I quietly ate the food. The woman, whose name I learned was Devi, cleaned the place and went out after I finished eating.

I tried to open the door again after she left but in vain. Every single minute I spent in this, I felt myself panicking. With a heavy heart and no way out of that room, I sat on the bed and closed my eyes.

After what felt like hours, I felt someone's presence in front of me. I opened my eyes to see a well-built man in his mid-forties sitting on a newly placed chair in front of the bed.

"How are you feeling now, Mili?" he asked with a soft smile that angered me.

"How will I be when you have locked me up here? Who are you? Are you the boss?"I shouted at him.

"Ha...ha...ha..." his laughter echoed in the room, making me shiver in fear.

"My dear Mili...Calm down...So many questions...don't worry, I will answer you one by one. But before that, let me introduce myself. I am Manohar Reddy," he chuckled.