44.Heartwrenching

Another update...Votes, please

Author's POV

"What do you mean by that, Mr.Gautam?My wife is just out on bail. Akshath had confessed his crimes, and Priyamvadha had been exempted from all the charges," Raman tried to defend his wife.

"This is another case...not Avni's murder case, "Gautam said sarcastically.

"This is Aagney's plan to torture me and my family, right? I know Priya was wrong, and I had already reprimanded her for her deeds. My kids are affected because of her arrest. My younger son is traumatized, so please spare us," Raman stuttered.

"Mr.Sharma, This wasn't your reaction when Mr.Aagney Mittal was arrested on false charges three years ago. I remember how you were shouting at the police to arrest him. And how can you say that your wife was just wrong...Your daughter lost her child because your wife helped Daksh to kidnap her...don't you feel anything for your elder daughter Mythili," a sub-inspector scoffed at Raman.

"I-I... Daksh and Akshath wanted to avenge Aagney, and he tricked Priya and kidnapped Mili. It's Aagney's fault that my Mili is suffering. Soon I will bring my Mili back from his trap," Raman breathed heavily, holding on to the wall nearby.

"How stupid can you be, Mr.Raman Sharma? Do you have any common sense? Still blaming Aagney for everything that's happening in your life? Your faith in believing your cunning wife's lies is unbelievable, "Gautam snickered.

"Officer, please...why do you want to arrest my wife...I need to know the reason and see the warrant," Raman asked impatiently.

"Is it ok if I tell you the reason for your wife's arrest, Dad? "Mili walked in, followed by Aagney and his parents, shocking Raman and Priyamvadha.

"Mili...how ...how are you, my child?" Raman had tears in his eyes seeing his daughter after a long time.

"Not dead yet, Dad," Mili replied with a disdainful smile.

"You ...Did you come here to show off your husband's power, Mili? No one can put me in jail without evidence, "Priyamvadha smirked at Mili.

"Yeah, right, Daksh is dead. So now you don't have to fear anything...is that so, Priyamvadha?" Mili stared at her angrily.

"Mili...why are you being rude to her?" Raman asked, seeing Mili's indifference towards Priyamvadha.

"Let me complete, Dad...Daksh may be dead, Priyamvadha, but I have enough evidence to throw you in jail...Not for plotting with Daksh and Akshath to kidnap me. But for murdering my mom Gayathri Sharma brutally," Mili yelled at Priyamvadha angrily.

"What?"Raman gasped, looking at Mili and Priyamvadha in disbelief. After hearing Mili's words, Aditi and Aakash looked at their mom in shock.

"Mili...your mom's death was an accident..don't accuse Priya of it, "Raman tried to convince Mili, but it seemed like he was convincing himself.

"Dad...This woman killed my mom by making the LPG explode for insurance money and my mom's gold. She wanted to run away with her then-boyfriend, but things didn't go as planned as her boyfriend ditched her and ran away with the money and jewelry," Mili shouted, unable to control herself anymore.

"No...No..." Raman shook his head while holding his chest. He couldn't digest what he heard from his daughter.

"It's the truth...this woman is the reason for my mom's death...She is a bloody murderer," Mili cried, holding onto Aagney's hands.

"Shut up...shut up...my mom is not a murderer, "Aditi yelled angrily, hearing Mili's words.

"She may be wrong in many ways, but whatever she did is because our dad showed partiality in loving you. He loves you and has always loved you more than me. That's why Mom and I hated you. She wanted to throw you out so that Dad loves and cares for me. But it doesn't mean that she is a murderer. And all this is our dad's fault. Had he not been overprotective of you, Mom wouldn't have shown indifference to you, "Aditi cried.