13.Happiest News

VOTE target 115 votes.

Thank you guys for the 10k views.🙏🙏🙏

Dedicated to Ambriya16 . She was the one who told me that I crossed 10k views and also kept a close watch on the votes. Though the vote target is not reached, I was happy with the 10k views ...so I updated this chapter.😍😍😍

Love you, readers, for the support and love you shower on me. It motivates me to write.😘😘😘🙏🙏🙏

This chapter is also dedicated to those who wanted to know more about Dev. I hope you all like him too.😝😝😜😜

Author's POV

The past

"Now exchange the rings, dear children. It's time for the ring exchange, "Mythili and Dev's dads told their children happily.

Dev looked at Mythili lovingly while she blushed, lowering her head.

"Mithu...Now only some more months, and you will be mine completely," Dev playfully teased Mythili as he made her wear the ring.

"Hmmm, yes...then I will make you do all my work, including housework. After all, it's the husband's duty to keep his wife happy...so be careful about what you wish for," Mythili smirked at him as she made him wear the ring.

Dev gasped and looked at his Mithu with a loving smile and gave a loving kiss on her eyes while caressing her hair.

"Enough...it's just engagement, not marriage. So it would be better if everyone remembers that, "Priyamvadha said with irritation.

"Priyamvadha, Watch your words. I know Dev and Mili. Our kids know how to stay within limits. They would never go against their family," Raman rebuked Priyamvadha while Dev's parents looked at Priya in disapproval.

"I just told the truth. Until the marriage, it's the girl's responsibility not to cause any problems. I'm telling this because I am concerned for Mili...nothing else. Anyways I keep forgetting that I have no right to speak in her life...I'm just her stepmother," Priyamvadha said, wiping her fake tears while Aditi consoled her.

"Mom...You have every right to tell me anything and scold me if I am wrong. You have taken care of me all these years, and you are my mom. I have never even for once thought of you as my stepmother," Mythili said, taking Priya's hand in hers.

"Don't act, Mili. I know how you all treat my mom and me, "Aditi scowled at Mythili.

"Aditi, Don't come in between grown-up's conversations," Raman warned Aditi.

"I understand your concern Priya, but they are our kids, and they know how to respect our culture. So don't be worried...the kids won't make any mischief. I assure you that, "Dev's mother convinced a pissed-off Priyamvadha.

"Let's all have food now, "Dev's dad declared, trying to change the tense environment.

"You all go ahead. Let me have a friendly talk with my future mother-in-law," Dev said, winking at his parents, Mithu and Raman.

"Alright, but come soon," Raman said, giving Dev a reassuring smile. Mythili begged Dev with her eyes not to cause any trouble, and he blew a kiss at her. Mili reluctantly left to have food with her dad, Aakash, and Dev's parents but not before looking at Dev and her mom more than once.

"I don't want to hear anything from you," Priyamvadha snapped at Dev before he could initiate a conversation.

"Is this the way to speak to your future son-in-law, my dear mother-in-law...oops, stepmom-in-law? "Dev taunted her sarcastically.