XX.

⊱ ────── {

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

    Never mind, I lied. When can I go home?

    We stood outside, the cold air whisked at our ears and exposed necks. I pulled my hoodie higher up to try and salvage some heat. Allmight greeted us with the same tired, plastic smile plastered on his face.

   "Do you remember what I said? That's right! I said 'race'!" He showed us the arena, "This is Field Gamma! A dense area filled with factories laid out like an intricate labyrinth. You'll break up into four 5-person groups and go through the training one group at a time. When I send out a distress signal from somewhere inside, you'll all start at once from outside the city. It's a race to see who will rescue me first! Of course, you'll have to keep damage to buildings to a minimum..."

    The class all panned over to Bakugou, he caught the memo and screamed, "don't you all look at me!"

    The class immediately split up into groups. I followed Uraraka over to the floor, she eagerly sat next to me on the little seating area.

    "Iida hasn't completely recovered, right? He should just watch.." Uraraka worriedly turned to me.

    "I think if we told him to take a break he'll break down...."

    "This group has everyone in the class with good mobility.." Denki let out a whistle.

    "Hmm, perhaps... Midoriya is at a slight disadvantage." Momo tested the water with her opinion and Jirou was quick to agree.

   "That's true. Honestly, I'm still not sure how good he is."

   "And.. whenever he does something, he always gets badly injured."

    "So who do you think will win? I think she'll be first!"

   "Ah, ah, ah, Kirishima! Remember Ojiros there, too!" Denki quickly pointed to the other blonde.

   Mineta jumped on Denkis back. "I think it'll be Ashido. She's really athletic!"

    "Deku will be last!"

   "...I think I changed my mind, Y/N. Even if he's injured, I still think it'll be Iida."

     As almighty blew the horn we excitedly watched our classmates rush across the platform. They jumped from pole to pole, using their quirks and pushing themselves. They used what they've learned this week, I took mental notes on everyone, maybe watching Sero will give me a better idea how to use my watch strings..

    "See, look!" Kirishima laughed at his predictions. "In a place all jumbled together like this, it's standard practice to go up!" He soon choked on his words. Deku flew across our screen as our group gasped. "What's with those moves?"

    "No way!"

    "Yeah, now that I think about it, those moves are..." Todorki turned slowly to bakugou. His fists cracked as little sparks flew out of them. I turned to the left and leaned onto uraraka to try and avoid his angry tantrum.

    Everyone was praising the main character, excited that he was actually going to come in first. That's before he fell off and landed on the safety precautions below. In the end Sero came in first and Deku was left in shambles.

    "Young Sero came in first, but compared to the beginning of the year, you've all gotten a lot better at using your Quirks. You've all gotten a lot better at using your quirks. Keep going like this and start preparing for your final exam! Group one, you can leave the field. Next group, get ready!"

    I followed Uraraka and we walked over to the ladder. One after another, we made it up to the small starting platform and took our places. I stood right next to Uraraka and I slowly let my pocket watch dangle out of my hand. The sunlight reflected off the case.

    "Woah! Major upgrade, Y/N!" She tried grabbing my watch, trying to see the new material it was now made out of.

    "Y-Yeah! I guess you could say I got a pretty cool gift?"

    "Endeavor liked you that much?"

    "He was just being nice... couldn't train much with a broken watch could I—"

   "IT'S A REAL GOLD TOO?!?"

  "You can tell just by looking at it?!?"

   "If you two jitterbugs are done talking I'll like to count down." All might shouted from an area. He changed locations and we couldn't immediately spot him. I looked up higher on one of the buildings and spotted him angrily crossing his arms.

    He plastered a smile on his face when we quieted down. We got into a starting position. Counting down slowly before hitting zero, we were off.

   Immediately I threw my watch at my classmate, in one go I swung it all to hit them at the same time, being the last one at the edge of the building did have its advantages. Pulling a sero I used the watch to swing me across the gaps in the ground.

   'Please don't fall, please don't slip, please don't fall..'

   I chanted in my head as I made progress. I made it halfway when everyone started to unfreeze. They all gasped to see how far I was. Momo immediately made a pole and started pole vaulting across the arena eager to catch up with me.

    "You damn watch freak!" I heard someone shout as they blasted in my direction. 'Bad decision to fly so close to me katsuki...' He rushed past me quickly and I gripped onto his boot with my watch. "Let go!"

     "Gladly!" I wiggled my fingertips at the male to warn what's about to happen next. His face whitened trying to push away from me. I lost my grip but using my watch I hit his boot before falling back facing down on the cold tower.

     Quickly I tried to hit everyone else, it took three swings and if I weren't fast enough bakugou would unfreeze. I staggered up, the sudden side effects were affecting my vision. I pushed myself up and tried to swing across the area before falling down. I was on the brink of unconsciousness. Everyone came back to life and immediately looked to where I was. They couldn't see I was on the next pillar, 'they think I must've finished by now....'

      I tried to push myself up but it was to no avail. My head spun too fast and my arms felt like they were made out of rubber. I tried to blink away my tiredness, I heard the buzzer go off. I've lost.

    "Young Bakugou, as expected, came in first, but compared to the beginning of the year, you've all gotten a lot better at using your Quirks. You've all gotten a lot better at using your quirks. Keep going like this and start preparing for your final exam! Now--Wait we're missing someone?"

    "Uh, All might, if Bakugou won, where's Y/N?" Kirishima raised his hand in confusion.

    "Oh... give me three seconds." He jumped into the air and hopped around the top of the buildings. He scanned the area before spotting me, we locked eye contact before he dropped down next to me. Lazily throwing me under his arms, he dropped me back over to the rest of the group. I lolled on the ground, clutching my head in pain as he gave my class a bright smile.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰