XLIX.

•───────•°•❀•°•───────•

   A very puzzled Mirio looked back and forth between the duo. "I thought I knocked that drunk out, but my balance is still off. Is his Quirk still in effect?"

   Chisaki removed some of the rumble that was blocking their path.  He's clearing the path so the bullet can hit Mirio.

   I tried to break out of his henchman's grip, however, it was too tight. I kicked, dropped to the ground, and tried to wrestle my way out of his grip.

   Mirio, on the other hand, tried his best to hide his body from Kurono's bullets. Overhaul's face twisted, how was he supposed to hit a moving target? Especially one who could go underground.

   Mirio engulfed the small girl with his bright red cape. Making sure she was all warm and toasty. He dropped Eri to the ground, and their eyes were all on her. That's when Chisaki got the great idea to try and shoot her. A lightbulb went off in his head and he slowly raised his pistol.

   "No!" I bit down on his hand as I scrambled to the Chisaki as the bullet went off. It caught him off guard since he expected his henchman to have a better grip. My fingers graced his arms, slipping but I still managed to tap him.

   Time slowed down.

   'M-My quirk! It's finally working!'

   That's probably the only time I've ever been excited to have my quirk back...

   Oh shit! There's no time to waste on me being excited.

   I sprinted down towards the small girl. I slipped a few times along the way but I eventually got there. I engulfed the girl and moved out of the way.

   Time quickly caught up as the bullet ricocheted off the ground. Mirio paused midway to us.

   I did it...I changed the storyline. I saved Mirio...

  I saved his quirk, I saved him. Chisaki's face scowled, that must've been their only bullet—and I got them to waste it. I looked back at the semi-pro hero, he grinned before looking back and forth between us and Chisaki

   However, his face dropped before I noticed. He dove at us. Completely covering both of our bodies.

   He shook.

   I moved him off of us and he hunched over...a bullet was wedged in his left shoulder.

   He was hit. His quirk was gone...no matter what I couldn't stop this madness...My quirk is so useless that I can't predict something so stupid.

   I cried. Cried hard. I've never cried like this before, or even at all in this universe. But at that moment, I let out so many tears that it's difficult to keep count.

   Ashamed.

    I'm a fucking failure.

   I'm so ashamed of myself. My sobs weren't quiet either, they were loud whales. Eri started to sob silently seeing me cry.

   "Look, now you've made them cry." Chisakis's voice echoed. "Diseased. You're diseased. Your Quirks allow you to dream you'll become something bigger. But that way of thinking is an illness of the mind." His footsteps sounded loud in the empty room. " I'm offering the world a cure."

   "Master. I did it." Nemoto handed back the pistol to his captain. He must've been the one to land the shot.

   "Ironic, isn't it? You came here to save this girl, and it's her power that will end everything you've come to rely on. You're powerless."

   Mirio whispered. "Watch your opponent carefully. Predict his next move... No. I am not powerless! I am still Lemillion!"

   He tightly wrapped the blanket around the two of us. His eyes weren't warm and friendly anymore. They were filled with rage.

   "How is he still pushing forward? He's powerless... this can't be for those two could it?" His sidekick gasped.

   Mirio slowly stood up, his back facing the villains. "I'll do my best! I'll become a hero and save people!"

   "You wanted to become a hero so badly." Overhaul scoffed. "And you couldn't even save two people. You're filthy, Lemillion. Infected.  But I'll fix you all with her power. Every last one of you."

   That was the straw that broke the camel's back.

   His body was light. Lighter than before. His attacks were more accurate and aggressive. If you had trouble being able to keep track of him before, now's a whole new story. Chisaki couldn't land a hit on him. The whole time you could see him get angrier and angrier. I tried my best to help him out.

   I slowed down time, I sped it up, I even froze it. I didn't have my chains with me, so instead I grabbed all the gravel around me and threw it in his direction. Rubbld, gravel, wires, pipes, I used anything I could get my hands on.

   One of his henchmen started bolting at me. I tried my best to use random stones to block his path. However that wasn't easy, I just earned back my quirk, and fighting with it wasn't easy.

   Mirio quickly sped up and hit around the villains, successfully overpowering them. It didn't look easy. He looked all bloodied and tired. Luckily for him, Izuku burst through the door. Chisakis's body was disoriented and twisted, it made me want to throw up.

   I figured out it was Izuku when he swept me out of the way from one of Overhaul's attacks. No longer focusing on Eri, he aimed his attacks at me. He gave me a long hug, apologizing profusely before dropping me off next to Eri.

   "I promise to get you out of here Y/N...Mirio!  Get Eri and Y/N out of here. She's behind me." Deku shouted.

   However, there's a problem in that.

   Mirio could only take one. His body is weak, he just lost his quirk. It's up to me to make this decision ... and with a heavy heart I ushered Eri to Mirio as the walls started to crumble.

   Things were falling and I was trying my best to shield the small girl. That's when I noticed that an overhead pipe starts cracking. It falls and it falls fast.

   I barely had time to react as I basically threw Eri out. Mirio dove quickly and pulled her out as soon as the rubble fell ontop of me. Instantly crushing me.

   I was out like a light.

   Mirio.... I'm so sorry I wasn't better.

•───────•°•❀•°•───────•
Hey pookies!

It's Ken here and it's been a while. I haven't been writing so much because my life is in fucking shambles but I'm slowly working on fixing it :D

I wanted to thank all of you for sticking by so far and I can't wait for you guys to see what I have in store. (A lot of things will change and now we go off course from the show a little)

But you guys are at 50 chapters!🎉🎉

Trust me, I hate this Roman Numerals shit I did but I gotta deal with this stupid mf

Trust me, I hate this Roman Numerals shit I did but I gotta deal with this stupid mf. But I've come too far....

I LOVE YPU ALL, MWAAAAAA
•───────•°•❀•°•───────•