XXXIII.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

    I followed bakugou into the police station. Denki gave me a big thumbs up before one last hug. Making sure I was all bundled up, he returned with the group outside and we waited inside. Bakugou hung his head and I allowed the teen to have his moment to grieve.

    He only snagged a few glances at me. I looked his way for a while but none of us made the first advancement to a real conversation. I tried reaching over and placing a hand on his shoulder, I rubbed it up and down his back for a minute or so when he slowly shrugged it off.

    I leaned back in my chair when I heard a creak on the floor. I smiled softly as Bakugou moved his chair slightly to where I was sitting... I think he needed company more than anything else right now.

    "Y/N, your mother is apparently out fighting and we aren't able to get in contact with you father..." The receptionist behind the counter held the phone on her shoulder. "Y-You might have to stay here a little long, maybe overnight? I'm sorry, is that okay with you?"

    "Sure..." No, no it fucking wasnt. I was tired, so I wanted to go home. I haven't seen Ryuko in days, i haven't seen my friends in days, i haven't seen my normal life in ages.

    This isn't fair. This is bullshit.

    ...It wasn't the receptionists fault however. So I couldn't take out my anger on them, so I leaned back in my chair. My head harshly hit the wall. 'This... is going to be a long night.'

    His mother came in first to collect her son. She embraced him in a  hug and he just....kinda let her. His arms fell to his side as his father joined in on the hug...

    You could see the fear in her eyes as she checked her son all over... it felt kinda lonely. I sat back and watched kinda awkwardly at the small family of three showing eachother support...

    While his dad was busy filling out papers, his mom looked over at me. She crouched down to where I was sitting and put a hand on my shoulder, 'God... she was a goddess up close.'

    "Hey kid, you're Y/N right?... I heard that your mother and father are busy..." She looked back at Bakugou and he quickly averted his gaze out the open doors. "If it's fine with your mother, can you stay over the night? How about even a few hours.... I would hate for you to wait here in the cold station.... How does that sound?"

    "That... sounds great... Just let mom know where I am first?" She stood up and rubbed my head. Turning to the receptionist she gave all of her information to the police officer. She even briefly got to talk with Ma before the call dropped.

    She waved me over, I followed the family as Mitsuki put an arm around her son. We were guided to the car and after an hour arrived at the Bakugou residence.

    "Sorry, we've got stairs. Put those strong legs into work." She cracked a joke. We pulled out of the car and up the four flights of stairs. I didn't even hear what she said next as she opened the door for all of us to go into. Bakugou didn't even give me a second glance as he rushed to his bedroom and into a shower.

    "He's... fast." It was the first thing I've said in a while.

    "Don't worry, you can take a shower after him.. I'll find something for you to wear in the meantime. Dinner was already made before we picked the two of you up."