XXVII.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

     I swung ahead of the group, giving the group a wave. I hopped from tree to tree, awaiting for any villains to show up. I know Compress is going to show up at some point and I need to be on my game.

     If I strayed away from the group for a while, it wouldn't hurt right? I'll be able to catch Compress and keep an eye on them if I'm fast enough. I jumped through a few trees, no clues.... I jumped back onto the path my class was headed down. My plan was going well, i was on the extra look out and watching out for them--

     Well good until I lost them.

     I scolded myself and continued on treetop. The branches creaked under my weight and I broke into a cold sweat. If i'm not with the group, i'm not watching over them. If I'm not looking for compress, I'm not protecting the group....

     "Looking for me?"

     I jumped as soon as I heard a voice. "Compress?!"

"You know my name?"

Fuck... I may have messed up a little... I'm too stressed out for this job. I currently was face to face with Compress, he bowed to me. He was so silent, how did he sneak up behind me?

     "You know my name but I have no idea what's yours, my darling fan.... Wait! Let me guess! You wouldn't happen to be Y/N, would you?" He twirled some marbles in his hands, they moved through his fingers.

     "Why do you ask?"

     "A simple yes or no answer is only required."

     "...No, that's not my name"

     "I see, you wouldn't happen to know what their quirk was?" My skin started to sweat, my fingers twitched as he asked more questions. Why is he asking so many questions about me and my quirk? "No response? That's fine. However I do have one final question for you."

     "What is it..?" I didn't have a good feeling about this, I pushed myself ever so slightly backwards so if he made a hase decision I was able to escape.

     "How about a game of Marbles?" Suddenly he threw a marble at me, and immediately I was surrounded by blue. It's not like I blacked out and was unconscious, no, I was floating around trying to find any wall or ledge or anything. I looked out at the compress, he winked at me before holding out another marble, "don't be too sad, y/n! You're not the only one going to get marbled! Your classmate is as well.... feeling jealous that you're not getting the leagues attention? Don't be, you're a part of our main show."

    He quickly hopped away to collect Bakugou and I knew I fucked up... I couldn't protect my classmates...

   I saw compress throw it down when the group least expected it and whisked up Bakugou. They met with Tsu and Uraraka and all panicked when they found out they weren't with Bakugou.

     "But..." Izuku's voice wavered.

    "The boy you're talking about..." Compress walked out showing him only one marble. "I took him with my magic. This talent isn't someone who should be on the hero's side. We'll take him to a stage where he can shine more..."

     "Give him back!"

     Compress clenched his fist around my marble as well, now I couldn't see the outside. He showed me off quickly before clenching it up again. "Give him back"? Only him? That's a strange thing to say. Bakugo doesn't belong to anyone. He's his own person, you egoist.''

   "Who else is there?!" Uraka clenched her fist.

    "Give him back!"

    Todoroki raised an arm, "Move!"